The Student Room Group

What can i do with A level Maths, Economics and Psychology?

mmmmm
(edited 6 years ago)
There's no disadvantage here. If u wanna do math in uni go for it you just have to work hard. You will meet others there who have never done further math.

As for other things u can do;

With math, economics and psycho you basically can do anything besides medicine and engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amyamy1
I'd like to do something maths related...does anyone have any course ideas other than accounting/finance?

Also, I do want to do Maths itself as a degree, but i feel like I'm disadvantaged because I haven't got further maths.

If you want to do maths, then do maths. It seems like you're scared of doing maths, and you just want to do something mathsy, without it being maths, in fear of further maths apparently hindering you. You don't require further maths for nearly all universities; a lot of students wouldn't have it either, so you wouldn't be alone.

You could do Computer Science, engineering or economics - those are the mathsy degrees that come to mind.
Original post by nerdling_CompSci
There's no disadvantage here. If u wanna do math in uni go for it you just have to work hard. You will meet others there who have never done further math.

As for other things u can do;

With math, economics and psycho you basically can do anything besides medicine and engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile

He can even do engineering; Cardiff and UCL don't require physics for some disciplines.
Reply 4
I'm currently doing a maths degree and not doing further maths really is a real disadvantage and I'm really struggling currently along with others i know who haven't done further maths so please only do a maths degree if you're really willing to put the work in
Reply 5
mmsdsdf
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
dsas
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by amyamy1
Thanks :smile: Yeah i think i am just worried about doing it and falling behind the other students really. I might do further maths as an AS next year in A2

Do you think the good unis would like my combination of subjects: other students I know who want to do Maths are taking it alongside at least one science subject.

You're fine. I know Imperial prefer chemistry, physics and further maths, but that's really the only one I can think of.
You could do maths but maybe not at a top 10 university because they like fm. Other than that you could apply for Economics. One of my maths teachers, whos just finished university, did an economics degree but for her optional modules she took maths related stuff. Or you could take a gap year to study further maths and prehaps another subject (Physics maybe?).

Either way if maths is what you like, and youre passionate about it, youll find a way to pursue it.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
He can even do engineering; Cardiff and UCL don't require physics for some disciplines.

Those aint engineering degrees
Accounting is a good degree and a good career, you can make a decent living
Reply 11
sdf
(edited 6 years ago)
Those aint engineering degrees

How is civil engineering not engineering?
Original post by sunnydespair
Accounting is a good degree and a good career, you can make a decent living

Accounting is mind blowingly boring

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
How is civil engineering not engineering?

Then ucl is rubbish decent unis want physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Then ucl is rubbish decent unis want physics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hardly! UCL is one of the best in the world. Always in top 5 for pretty much every subject in UK

Quick Reply

Latest