The Student Room Group

question about changing university

if a student fails a module will he or she be able to enroll in other universities and do a different course
Original post by MABUYA
if a student fails a module will he or she be able to enroll in other universities and do a different course

Hi @MABUYA,

If a student fails a module, they may still be able to enroll on a different university and course. They must first have enough credits to pass the year and they must have the entry requirements for the course they want to apply to. To proceed with the transfer, the student must provide their transcript for their first year, followed by their qualifications (such as A-Levels), as well as information about their situation and reasons for why they want to transfer.

I hope this helps!
- Jesse
Original post by MABUYA

Depends partly on whether the student wants to join year 1 or 2 of the new course.

Ultimately, the incoming uni decides whether the previous module results are relevant or concerning to them.
Original post by MABUYA

It depends on course and university, I am transferring this year and I applied to universities for 2nd year, one of my courses offered me a conditional if i complete the full university year since i had failed one module, the others offered me an unconditional.
Original post by Shakir023
It depends on course and university, I am transferring this year and I applied to universities for 2nd year, one of my courses offered me a conditional if i complete the full university year since i had failed one module, the others offered me an unconditional.

Hi sorry for asking so late, but were you still able to transfer even after failing a module? I want to transfer and have received two conditional offers so far, but I'm worried about the grade I might receive for one module. How did you receive the unconditional? Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending