The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

How did you prepare to study at Essex?

Hi!

We are calling all Essex students or alumni to help give some advice for students who will be joining us in October! What did you wish you knew before starting university? 😁

We know that the weeks leading up to your first year of university can be quite overwhelming. With advice from our undergraduate, postgraduate and alumni students, hopefully our new students coming to university will feel more prepared😅.

Questions can be about:
- Campus life, accommodation, living in Colchester, the course you are studying etc.
- Any experiences you had in your 1st year, and even share experiences from your 2nd and 3rd year.
- Did you join any societies/clubs and what were they like?
- General university discussion.

As a Sociology and Criminology graduate from Essex, I am more than happy to answer any questions you have about university or Essex. Alongside me some of our reps also studied: Economics, Biological Science and Social Psychology.

So feel free to drop your advice below! 🎓✨🌞😊

Essex Official Rep - Morgan 😎
(edited 8 months ago)
As an incoming international grad student I would definitely like to hear if anyone has any advice on this topic for sure. You guys might know something I do not. I am just reviewing relevant material best I can.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by DylanIreland
As an incoming international grad student I would definitely like to hear if anyone has any advice on this topic for sure. You guys might know something I do not. I am just reviewing relevant material best I can.

Hey!

Do you have any questions in particular about anything and we can answer them with as much detail as we can! 😁🎓

Original post by EssexOfficialRep
Hey!

Do you have any questions in particular about anything and we can answer them with as much detail as we can! 😁🎓

As someone who graduated in 2016, Obviously I have been out of school for awhile. Any advice for getting back into it and make sure I am prepared?
Hello

Is anyone travelling from Dubai to Essex Colchester by end of Sep.

Please reply lets connect

Thanks
Reply 5
Did anyone here do foundation year? Particularly for biomed or just in general? Curious how difficult it actually is and how everyone found it? I'm so anxious , I got accepted unexpectedly today and now talking myself out of it (although deep down I know I can do it, it's just nerves)
Original post by DylanIreland
As someone who graduated in 2016, Obviously I have been out of school for awhile. Any advice for getting back into it and make sure I am prepared?

Hey,

It is great you are coming back to learn after a few years out! - I hope you are settling in well

I would say teaching has not changed massively, and because university learning can be quite independent I would say whatever works best for you to learn can still be used! Other than a few small changes to most teaching materials being online you should find it all fine🎓✨😊

If you have any other questions do let us know!

Essex Official Rep - Morgan 😁
Original post by Tashacogz
Did anyone here do foundation year? Particularly for biomed or just in general? Curious how difficult it actually is and how everyone found it? I'm so anxious , I got accepted unexpectedly today and now talking myself out of it (although deep down I know I can do it, it's just nerves)

Hey,

I hope you are well!

Did you decide to join the university? I am sure you would be completely fine!

All our courses, including the foundation years allow time for students to settle in and get to know the department, course and campus. You are never thrown into the deep end!

Essex Official Rep - Morgan 🎓✨😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending