The Student Room Group

Mpharm interview tips and questions

I've applied for mpharm I wanted to ask for interview tips, what kinda questions come up do I need to read up on pharmacy news and will they ask me questions relating to my a levels
Original post by Rohan007best
I've applied for mpharm I wanted to ask for interview tips, what kinda questions come up do I need to read up on pharmacy news and will they ask me questions relating to my a levels

Hey,
So you could be asked why pharmacy, why this university, what skills do you have that will make you a good pharmacist < just some generic questions
Also you could be asked scenario based questions < with these knowing the GPHC standards for pharmacy professionals is very useful when answering these questions, and knowing the NHS values and the 6c’s and the four pillars of medical ethics (autonomy, justice etc, i recommend using the medic portal for this the website is very useful and very informative and gives examples of scenario questions based on these medical ethics)
Read the news! Know about pharmacy in the uk and how it’s changing (for example pharmacists in the uk can now prescribe medication, and how women can now get contraceptive pills directly from their pharmacies rather than having to go to the GP to get it prescribed etc) < so know about the changing roles of pharmacists in uk, the problems pharmacies are facing (loads of pharmacies closing down. Know about the pharmaceutical industry too. They could ask you what you have read about pharmacy in the news.
Hope that helps!

Also what universities have you applied to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending