The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

CAS Letter Concerns

I am an international student and I have submitted my CAS application last week (entry for this upcoming September 2022), is there any international student who can share an experience of how long it takes to process the CAS letter?

I am quite anxious due to time constraints, not to mention that I am assuming now that since I have not heard back from them, there won't be any more follow-up requirements they will ask (since this will add another loop of waiting).

Above all, I do understand that universities in the UK are currently handling a huge number of applications, but for an international student like me, it makes me worried and anxious that I won't have enough time. Plus, added that the bank statements only have a number of days validity so I really really hope it won't take them more than 20 days.

Thank you in advance!
Original post by Anonymous
I am an international student and I have submitted my CAS application last week (entry for this upcoming September 2022), is there any international student who can share an experience of how long it takes to process the CAS letter?

I am quite anxious due to time constraints, not to mention that I am assuming now that since I have not heard back from them, there won't be any more follow-up requirements they will ask (since this will add another loop of waiting).

Above all, I do understand that universities in the UK are currently handling a huge number of applications, but for an international student like me, it makes me worried and anxious that I won't have enough time. Plus, added that the bank statements only have a number of days validity so I really really hope it won't take them more than 20 days.

Thank you in advance!

Hi there,
I understand this can be an anxious time.
If you have concerns, please contact our Admissions Team via email at [email protected]. They will be able to give you guidance relating specifically to your application.
All the best.
Toby
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
What does it mean for the school to process authorization? Does it mean I’m close to getting my CAS? Time is not on my side
Original post by Kamsyjon
What does it mean for the school to process authorization? Does it mean I’m close to getting my CAS? Time is not on my side

I got an email saying the school is processing authorization… what does it mean? I’ve not gotten my cas yet by the way so does it mean anything positive for my cas?
I got an email saying the school is processing authorization… what does it mean? I’ve not gotten my cas yet by the way so does it mean anything positive for my cas?

Hi @Kamsyjon
You can email our admissions Team at [email protected] or call on +44 (0) 1332 591167. If you forward the message and explain you don't understand exactly what it means, they should be able to help you.
You can also send me the details of the email you received in a private message and I can pass this on to the team.
I hope this helps.
All the best.
Toby

Thank you in advance!

Having same issue at the moment with UWS , i have all my document ready. I don't know if they will still issue CAS for September entry.
Having same issue at the moment with UWS , i have all my document ready. I don't know if they will still issue CAS for September entry.

Hi there,
I would advise you to contact the university directly, either by phone or email, to ask about the progress of your application.
All the best.
Toby

Thank you in advance!

Have you gotten your cas?

Thank you in advance!

Hello, have you gotten your cas yet?
Original post by University of Derby
Hi there,
I would advise you to contact the university directly, either by phone or email, to ask about the progress of your application.
All the best.
Toby

Hello Toby, is cas letter issued to people studying IT? I’m just wondering why I’ve not gotten my cas till now and why there has been no communication from the school
Hello Toby, is cas letter issued to people studying IT? I’m just wondering why I’ve not gotten my cas till now and why there has been no communication from the school

Hi @Kamsyjon,

Our admissions team who you can contact on [email protected] will be able to assist you with any further queries regarding your CAS.

All the best
Kayleigh
Hi have you gotten your cas yet? If yes, how long does it take the uni to issue it cos am having same issue with UWS presently and still waiting for the CAS

Hi have you gotten your cas yet? If yes, how long does it take the uni to issue it cos am having same issue with UWS presently and still waiting for the CAS

No i have not.
No i have not.

Have you called the school???
Did they give you any reason for the delay
Cos I was suppose to resume by Sept 5th
And it’s was almost 2 weeks to resumption and the cas as not been issue yet I called the school and was giving an option to differ my intake that they couldn’t meet up
Again with the cas for September intake due to lots of application and shortage of time to go for visa processing
So I have to differ and here now still waiting for the cas
I called the school last week and I was told before the end of the month
The cas should be out
It’s so frustrating to wait

That’s why asking if you’ve called the school to know how far about it
And it’s was almost 2 weeks to resumption and the cas as not been issue yet I called the school and was giving an option to differ my intake that they couldn’t meet up again with the cas for September intake due to lots of application and shortage of time to go for visa processing
The cas should be out

That’s why am asking if you’ve called the school to know how far about it

No i have not.

Did they give you any reason for the delay ??
Cos I was suppose to resume by Sept 5th also but didn’t get the cas so had to call the uni when it was almost 2 weeks to resumption and the cas as not been issue yet and was giving an option to differ my intake that they couldn’t meet up again with the cas for September intake due to lots of application and shortage of time to go for visa processing.
So I have to differ my intake and here I am now still waiting for the cas
I called the school last week and I was told before the end of the month the cas should be out.

That’s why am asking if you’ve called the school to know how far about it your process.
And it’s was almost 2 weeks to resumption and the cas as not been issue yet I called the school and was giving an option to differ my intake that they couldn’t meet up
Again with the cas for September intake due to lots of application and shortage of time to go for visa processing
The cas should be out

That’s why asking if you’ve called the school to know how far about it

Yes i did , kindly whatsapp me +2347032571111, i also defer to january and no email from them yet .
Yes i did , kindly whatsapp me +2347032571111, i also defer to january and no email from them yet .

I guess you will need offer letter for january before you can apply for CAS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending