The Student Room Group

Dropping the EPQ before applying to uni for CS

I'm going into year 13 next year applying to UCL,KCL and Warwick for standard comp sci and Manchester for comp sci with foundation year. In short, i'm currently doing an EPQ and am strongly considering dropping it as it just seems like unnecessary extra work. Do universities actually truly care about the EPQ if i talk about it in my PS because from looking at Kings and UCL it seems that they dont really care and putting in all this effort for what seems like its going to sum to 5 lines of my PS.
Original post by 2kamil
I'm going into year 13 next year applying to UCL,KCL and Warwick for standard comp sci and Manchester for comp sci with foundation year. In short, i'm currently doing an EPQ and am strongly considering dropping it as it just seems like unnecessary extra work. Do universities actually truly care about the EPQ if i talk about it in my PS because from looking at Kings and UCL it seems that they dont really care and putting in all this effort for what seems like its going to sum to 5 lines of my PS.

They won't care. Some universities may lower the offer by a grade if you have the EPQ at a certain grade, but many don't.
Original post by 2kamil

i want to apply to manchester
what do u think ur predicted grades will be
i hope manchester entry requirement drops man
Reply 3
Original post by jamest0394q
i want to apply to manchester
what do u think ur predicted grades will be
i hope manchester entry requirement drops man

Im already in y13, got predicted A*A*A but ended up not applying to Manchester, i have 2 friends who have predicted A*A*A, one applied to normal computer science there and got an offer of A*AA and the other applied to comp sci with foundation and got an offer of ABB i think.
Hope this helps.
Original post by 2kamil
Im already in y13, got predicted A*A*A but ended up not applying to Manchester, i have 2 friends who have predicted A*A*A, one applied to normal computer science there and got an offer of A*AA and the other applied to comp sci with foundation and got an offer of ABB i think.
Hope this helps.

Ok thanks a lot
So if I get predicted A*A*A im still gonna apply there then
Im gonna apply to the foundation year too
thanks a lot
Reply 5
Did you end up doing the EPQ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending