The Student Room Group

Dropped EPQ but I have a EPQ contextual offer

hi, so basically I applied with an EPQ as one of my qualifications, and as results days coming closer I went onto UCAS and forgot that I had an EPQ part of the contextual offer, which I am no longer taking as I dropped it before the exams. I want to remove it because I saw my friend apply for the same course without the EPQ and got a slightly different offer, is that possible? seeing as results day is so close idk if i can fix it

thanks for any help :biggrin:
(edited 8 months ago)
You need to contact your university and let them know that you’re no longer taking an epq.

They aren’t able to amend your offer conditions now
Original post by PQ
You need to contact Throyour university and let them know that you’re no longer taking an epq.

They aren’t able to amend your offer conditions now

Thank you so much for your response, do you know where I should contact them? Such as their applicant portal or email/telephone?
Original post by stopaskingsomuch
Thank you so much for your response, do you know where I should contact them? Such as their applicant portal or email/telephone?

How do they say to contact the admissions team in their emails to you?
Original post by PQ
How do they say to contact the admissions team in their emails to you?

Hey I phoned the Uni in question yesterday and they said that if no EPQ is seen on results day they will bump the grade requirements up, so if anyones wondering I'm sure unis have failsafes but phone your university to be safe as offers arent amendable in the last few weeks. Thank you anyways and I hope everyone good luck on results day
Reply 5
hi, so basically I applied with an EPQ as one of my qualifications, and as results days coming closer I went onto UCAS and forgot that I had an EPQ part of the contextual offer, which I am no longer taking as I dropped it before the exams. I want to remove it because I saw my friend apply for the same course without the EPQ and got a slightly different offer, is that possible? seeing as results day is so close idk if i can fix it

thanks for any help :biggrin:

You should have told your unis as soon as you dropped it whether it was part of your offer or not.
Hey I phoned the Uni in question yesterday and they said that if no EPQ is seen on results day they will bump the grade requirements up, so if anyones wondering I'm sure unis have failsafes but phone your university to be safe as offers arent amendable in the last few weeks. Thank you anyways and I hope everyone good luck on results day

Did you ask them to make a note against your application to make it clear that an EPQ grade wouldn’t be received?

Have you filled in the form on the UCAS website to remove the pending EPQ result? https://www.ucas.com/forms/request-amend-qualifications-listed-your-application That will at least mean ucas won’t flag your results as incomplete.

Depending on what the person you spoke to has done then you may need to ring your university on results day if they decide not to make a decision because they’re waiting for the outstanding EPQ result that will never arrive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending