The Student Room Group

Harper and Keele 22/2023 vet med applicants

Hi guys, just thought i’d make this as a helpful point of contact regarding the application:smile:

I’ve had my interview but haven’t heard anything following it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by cv1023
Hi guys, just thought i’d make this as a helpful point of contact regarding the application:smile:

I’ve had my interview but haven’t heard anything following it.

How are your applications/ interviews going? Have offers or rejections been given out yet
Hey, current H&K vet student here. Happy to answer any questions you may have 😊
Reply 3
Original post by Vetstudent001
Hey, current H&K vet student here. Happy to answer any questions you may have 😊

Oh amazing thank you!!
When did you hear back from them regarding offers?
Original post by cv1023
Oh amazing thank you!!
When did you hear back from them regarding offers?

I myself didn’t hear back until the end of December with an interview offer, interviewed mid January and got my offer the 31st January. But I know it’s very varied…some of my course mates heard back both before me and after me. I wouldn’t worry yet, you’ve still got time for them to get back to you!! Fingers crossed xx
Hi Guys, I received an offer from H&K yesterday 😊 so happy after having a gap year to do chemistry this year… just wondering if anyone else has an offer that is on here? Good luck to everyone 😊
Original post by Poppy0811
Hi Guys, I received an offer from H&K yesterday 😊 so happy after having a gap year to do chemistry this year… just wondering if anyone else has an offer that is on here? Good luck to everyone 😊

congratulations!! I am still waiting to hear, Can I ask if your offer is was conditional or unconditional? I’m applying as a graduate! Thanks 😊
Reply 7

Wow congrats!!!
i haven’t heard back… wjen was ur interview date?
Original post by DyAspiringvet
congratulations!! I am still waiting to hear, Can I ask if your offer is was conditional or unconditional? I’m applying as a graduate! Thanks 😊

Of course! My offer was a conditional one as I’m doing my chemistry exam this year and then retaking biology as I got a B last year instead of an A 🥴.
Original post by cv1023
Wow congrats!!!
i haven’t heard back… wjen was ur interview date?

Thank you! I had my interview on 14th November. They said at the interview that they do them in small batches though so don’t worry there is still plenty of time! 😃
Of course! My offer was a conditional one as I’m doing my chemistry exam this year and then retaking biology as I got a B last year instead of an A 🥴.

Thank you !! Well done to you, I hope things go well for you! 😊
Reply 11
Thank you! I had my interview on 14th November. They said at the interview that they do them in small batches though so don’t worry there is still plenty of time! 😃

i had mine on the same day!! did u go to the Harper adams campus?
Original post by cv1023
i had mine on the same day!! did u go to the Harper adams campus?

Yes! I was in the 2:30 slot I’m pretty sure… what time were you at?
Has anyone here applied for the HK gateway course?
Hi does anyone know if the list of H&K equipment such as boots/ boiler suit are compulsory to buy as I already have most things on their list ?
Hi does anyone know if the list of H&K equipment such as boots/ boiler suit are compulsory to buy as I already have most things on their list ?

Things like boiler suits do tend to be compulsory because they are used on dairy and lambing. I know my friends who are currently vet students at other unis use their boots and boiler suits a lot!
Reply 16
Original post by ALEreapp
Things like boiler suits do tend to be compulsory because they are used on dairy and lambing. I know my friends who are currently vet students at other unis use their boots and boiler suits a lot!

Hi,
Just to let you know, if you finally choose Bristol, they provide everything in the way of boiler suits, waterproofs, steel capped wellies, dissection kits etc. The only thing you have to provide is a new pair of ordinary wellies for the lab work.
Reply 17

Check with them. For example Notts likes everyone to have the same ( or at least they did), Bristol provide it all for free so obviously the issue doesn’t arise until , like my daughter, you tear the trousers during lambing and by the end of your dairy placement they are good to be thrown. She just replaced them with a similar colour and no one minded. But maybe HK like their students to be recognised on placements and have special kit, so just check.
Original post by Euapp
Hi,
Just to let you know, if you finally choose Bristol, they provide everything in the way of boiler suits, waterproofs, steel capped wellies, dissection kits etc. The only thing you have to provide is a new pair of ordinary wellies for the lab work.

That’s gotta be the best thing I’ve heard in a long time, funny you mention it! I was starting to work out start up costs today for things like that and was having a look at like notts prices and it isn’t cheap😅
So Thankyou so much for that!
Reply 19
Original post by ALEreapp
That’s gotta be the best thing I’ve heard in a long time, funny you mention it! I was starting to work out start up costs today for things like that and was having a look at like notts prices and it isn’t cheap😅
So Thankyou so much for that!

Afterwards you can buy the vet school fleece etc if you want but it’s not compulsory, and they didn’t do them last year although they have done again this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending