The Student Room Group

Who will win the EFL Cup?

The final is next week, what do you think the result will be?

I will say Liverpool 2-1 Chelsea. Liverpool are in a better run of form than Chelsea since the 2-2 draw in the league.
Chelsea seem to do better in cup competitions.
Original post by 8013
The final is next week, what do you think the result will be?

I will say Liverpool 2-1 Chelsea. Liverpool are in a better run of form than Chelsea since the 2-2 draw in the league.

As a Manchester United fan I want Liverpool to suffer so Chelsea please.
Reply 3
It's great that the game was on free to air TV in HK, as I watched it on channel 77, HK Open TV, one of the three free Cantonese prime channels.

A total of 160000 people watched Liverpool's win live on the channel. I almost woke up my family when Kepa missed!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 8013
It's great that the game was on free to air TV in HK, as I watched it on channel 77, HK Open TV, one of the three free Cantonese prime channels.

A total of 160000 people watched Liverpool's win live on the channel. I almost woke up my family when Kepa missed!

That’s fantastic my brother. 4 million people watched in the UK on Sky Sports. I feel terrible for those who didn’t witness the drama millions around the world did.

The more games that are free to air, the better.
Reply 5
Original post by Driving_Mad
That’s fantastic my brother. 4 million people watched in the UK on Sky Sports. I feel terrible for those who didn’t witness the drama millions around the world did.

The last Euros final was also on free to air TV as channel 99 Viu broadcast the final. Around 25 PL games per season are also broadcast live on that channel.
The FA cup final is broadcast on channel 85 TVB Finance and Information since 2020, which is also free to air.
Original post by Mohammed1000000
As a Manchester United fan I want Liverpool to suffer so Chelsea please.

Mwahahahaha we won sucker 😂
Original post by Muhammad Razak
Mwahahahaha we won sucker 😂

Still a proud United fan no matter what!!!!
Original post by Mohammed1000000
Still a proud United fan no matter what!!!!

Yh fair play. Just saying we still won and we're playing well rn
Reply 9

And guess what?
Our flagship TV channel, TVB Jade, channel 81, is broadcasting the FA cup final!
Reply 10

This year the EFL Cup final was on free to air TV in HK again, with HOY TV getting the broadcast rights. The broadcast was scheduled from 22:30 to 01:15 HKT, but two programmes were called off with another postponed for the broadcast of extra time. The broadcast eventually ended at around 02:05 HKT.

I hope the FA Cup final is free to air again. TVB got broadcasting rights for the FA Cup. They aired the 2022 final live on their flagship channel TVB Jade, from 23:35 to 02:30 HKT to allow the broadcast of extra time and penalties.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest