The Student Room Group

Do M&S tell you if you haven't been successful?

Hi,

I had an interview on Tuesday and they said they would let me know today (Friday). I have heard nothing and on the career website it still says 'Under Consideration', so i am just wondering if M&S let you know if you haven't been successful.
Reply 1
If they have a website that updates you hang tight. If you don't hear anything by Tuesday, give them a ring but expect the worst.

Good luck!
I've been stunned by the lack of responses from potential employers to let my daughter know she hadn't been successful in her application. When I was her age and failed to get a job it meant a letter or a phonecall but even then you were more likely to have a negative confirmation to let you know the result and thank you for applying. Today it is a two minute job to cc everyone on the list that failed yet they leave you hanging on it needlessly as they can't be bothered to inform you.
Reply 3
Original post by liam0606
Hi,

I had an interview on Tuesday and they said they would let me know today (Friday). I have heard nothing and on the career website it still says 'Under Consideration', so i am just wondering if M&S let you know if you haven't been successful.

hey, it’s 3 months later but I’m in the same situation, did they ever let you know either way?
I think mabye give it at least a week and if u haven’t heard anything then u r probably unsuccessful :frown:
Original post by ebyrne2036
I think mabye give it at least a week and if u haven’t heard anything then u r probably unsuccessful :frown:

This thread’s 3 months old.
Reply 6
Original post by Son of the Sea
This thread’s 3 months old.

the thread is but I only just asked.
Reply 7
Original post by ebyrne2036

ah okay thank you
Original post by jenn19
hey, it’s 3 months later but I’m in the same situation, did they ever let you know either way?

Unfortunately, it happens quite often that they don't let you know, in case you weren't hired. But I can tell you that I waited for two weeks to hear about my current job and then something like 4-5 days after the second round, but I got the good news! I wish you the same, but with less waiting :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jenn19
the thread is but I only just asked.

My post wasn’t directed towards you.
I had an interview on Monday and hiring manager said they will let me know in two days. But I’ve heard nothing from them. And career website still showing “under consideration”. I headed to M&S to know what’s happening but they said I’ve to wait for HR to contact me. I think I’m unsuccessful.

Original post by liam0606
Hi,

Reply 11
Original post by Juhi zaman
I had an interview on Monday and hiring manager said they will let me know in two days. But I’ve heard nothing from them. And career website still showing “under consideration”. I headed to M&S to know what’s happening but they said I’ve to wait for HR to contact me. I think I’m unsuccessful.

did you get the job eventually and if not did they conatct to tell you?
Reply 12
Unfortunately not. They didn’t even contact me this is really unprofessional behaviour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending