The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Adult nursing September 20202!

Hi everyone, been accepted onto adult nursing course for derby uni 2022. Anxiety is through the roof!

Do they have more then one nursing class being taught? How many roughly is on the nursing intake?

Sorry if that sounds stupid .
Thankyou
Original post by Studentdan!
Hi everyone, been accepted onto adult nursing course for derby uni 2022. Anxiety is through the roof!

Do they have more then one nursing class being taught? How many roughly is on the nursing intake?

Thankyou

Hi @Studentdan! :hello:
Contratulations on being accepted onto the Adult Nursing course! :clap2:
It's normal to be anxious. Everyone at Derby is here to help you.
I've answered your intake question on another thread but I'll post it here as well.
We have about 250 places split over our Nursing sites, at Kedleston Road in Derby and St Helena in Chesterfield.
Most of the teaching is done in groups. For the first 18 months, you will be in mixed disciplines (Adult, Children's, Mental Health) being taught together on all modules - except for the practice module as this is discipline specific.
Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.
All the best. :thumbsup:
Toby
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Thankyou

Hey ! Have also been accepted into adult nursing course at derby 2022. Have you received an enrolment email yet?
Original post by University of Derby
Hi @Studentdan! :hello:
Contratulations on being accepted onto the Adult Nursing course! :clap2:
It's normal to be anxious. Everyone at Derby is here to help you.
I've answered your intake question on another thread but I'll post it here as well.
We have about 250 places split over our Nursing sites, at Kedleston Road in Derby and St Helena in Chesterfield.
Most of the teaching is done in groups. For the first 18 months, you will be in mixed disciplines (Adult, Children's, Mental Health) being taught together on all modules - except for the practice module as this is discipline specific.
Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.
Toby

I applied for adult nursing at university of Derby and got my place confirmed last Thursday, and I was wondering when do I get myself enrolled to the course.
Congratulations to all of you.
Would you mind sharing what did they ask in the interview please as mine is coming in few days x
Original post by Shristij
Congratulations to all of you.
Would you mind sharing what did they ask in the interview please as mine is coming in few days x

First, they’ll ask you to tell them about yourself.
Why you want to study nursing.

What’s your favourite subject in school or college if you have one,(I said biology).

What do you think nurses do in a daily basis (what the career encloses)?
Then scenarios questions;

What would you do if you see your colleague (who you know and is kinda close) post patient confidential informations on social media? (Perso: I said “I’ll tell them to retrieve those informations if they don’t do it or act like they don’t care, they I’ll tell the manager about it.”

This is much as I can remember. I hope it helps.
Good luck for your interview!😊
(edited 1 year ago)

Thankyou

Hey

Has your enrolment been confirmed already? If yes how did you complete your induction?
Hi @Merrrrdi
I think I've answered your questions in your Enrolment post.
I'll pop it in here as well.
As a Nursing student, you should have already received your enrolment email. If you still haven’t received it, you should contact your College Student Centre. Yours is Health, Psychology and Social Care you can email [email protected].
Once you’ve completed your enrolment, you will receive an email confirmation. Your online induction needs to be completed for enrolment to be completed. There’s a quiz at the end of the induction you need to finish. This will then confirm your enrolment and you’ll receive the email.
Let me know if you need any more information.
Toby

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending