The Student Room Group

Second degree fianace

Hi there just asking a question if i have done a bsc nursing degree and graduated. Will i be able to take student finance for a medicine degree or will i have to fund it myself
Hi Alliyaa,

Can you confirm the full name of the course, what university you will attend and the duration of the course? When would your course start?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Leeds university 3 years and it adult nursing starting in September
Hi Alliya,

So was the 1st course you completed just a Nursing course and now you wish to do Adult Nursing?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi Alliya,

So was the 1st course you completed just a Nursing course and now you wish to do Adult Nursing?

Thanks, Drew

No I'm doing adult nursing but couple of years later i want to do medicine.
Hi Alliya,

These types of courses are classed as exception course and you would get funding for it.

Tuition Fees

Year 1 The student will have to self fund the first £3,465, however a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,785.

Years 2-4 - The first £3,715 will be paid by the Department of Health and a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,535.

Maintenance Funding

Year 1 The student can apply for a Full Means Tested Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants, They are not eligible for a Maintenance Grant.

Years 2-4 The student can apply for the Income Assessed NHS Bursary and Supplementary Grants from the NHS. They can only apply to SFE for a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending