The Student Room Group

The Official Year 13 Thread (2022-2023)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by sciencegcsesss
Hey everyone!

🌸We are officially halfway through our A Levels (or equivalent). For some, this will be the final year of education. So, it’s pretty exciting!!🌸

💚We have all come so far💚

🌟This is a judgemental-free, positive space. You can dump your worries here, bond with other year 13s, share your revision plans, motivate each other etc!🌟

🦋This year is going to be a very busy year, but I know we can smash it! :smile:🦋

☃️Here are some icebreaker questions☃️

1) Which subjects are you taking?
2) Are you enjoying them?
3) If you are doing/have done an EPQ, what topic is on?
4) What are your plans for after A Levels?
5) What do you personally want to achieve?
6) How are you feeling about year 13?

I'm taking business, economics and psychology this year and I do enjoy them, however I find it kinda hard to get into the mindset of actually studying and that's especially scary as I'm a private candidate this year and I really need to make myself study.
I'm not doing an EPQ unfortunately, I have it glorified in my head because I love the AGGTM series and I kinda wanted to do it but since I'm a private candidate that will not work for me.
I want to get into a reputed college; I don't know what I want to pursue quite yet, but I hope I figure that out soon.
So far this year has been kinda lonely cause it's the first time I've been homeschooled, however it's very chill and my teachers are lovely so that's great for me.
Hi
Original post by haunted
I'm taking business, economics and psychology this year and I do enjoy them, however I find it kinda hard to get into the mindset of actually studying and that's especially scary as I'm a private candidate this year and I really need to make myself study.
I'm not doing an EPQ unfortunately, I have it glorified in my head because I love the AGGTM series and I kinda wanted to do it but since I'm a private candidate that will not work for me.
I want to get into a reputed college; I don't know what I want to pursue quite yet, but I hope I figure that out soon.
So far this year has been kinda lonely cause it's the first time I've been homeschooled, however it's very chill and my teachers are lovely so that's great for me.

good luck fellow private candidate!!
Hey everyone :hello:

Starting Uni this year? Feeling creative and want to share your University experience to be in with the chance to win some awesome prizes? look no further, check out our Freshers Blog Competition and find out more about how you can get involved! :biggrin:

We can't wait to see what you get up to :dancing:
Reply 664
Original post by CamembertPaws
Hey everyone :hello:

Starting Uni this year? Feeling creative and want to share your University experience to be in with the chance to win some awesome prizes? look no further, check out our Freshers Blog Competition and find out more about how you can get involved! :biggrin:

We can't wait to see what you get up to :dancing:

What's the point of this
Original post by Alfarooq
What's the point of this

Hi :smile:

Thank you for your question! It's quite simple really, we wanted to create this interactive project for our community of freshers where they can share their experiences of starting university with fellow peers, share insights and top tips as they navigate freshers week and their first few weeks of classes. Additionally, it serves as a means for new students to create a personal record of their university journey, enabling them to reflect on their progress throughout their time at the university. :grin:

Essentially, it's all about having some enjoyable, optional participation in the spirit of fun and, who knows, perhaps even winning some prizes along the way. There's no pressure to join in, but if you're interested, we'd be delighted to have you on board! I hope this clarifies it for you :h:

Quick Reply

Latest