The Student Room Group

Why does Capital keep playing the same songs over and over?

I used to really like Capital but now I have to switch to either Heart or Radio 1 or Radio 2 because Capital keep playing the same stuff over and over. Some of it is good but then some of it is just auto tuned **** like Harry Styles. Can anyone explain why they don’t play a wide range of music that is both old and new?
Original post by Evan2002
I used to really like Capital but now I have to switch to either Heart or Radio 1 or Radio 2 because Capital keep playing the same stuff over and over. Some of it is good but then some of it is just auto tuned **** like Harry Styles. Can anyone explain why they don’t play a wide range of music that is both old and new?

Because every time they choose to play a new song, they have to set up a new royalties deal with the artist, which could be any amount of money for each time one of their songs is played.

They mostly have long-term reasonable rate royalty contracts with the artists whose songs they play now.
Reply 2
Original post by Mintkoala
Because every time they choose to play a new song, they have to set up a new royalties deal with the artist, which could be any amount of money for each time one of their songs is played.

They mostly have long-term reasonable rate royalty contracts with the artists whose songs they play now.

Because I'm the biggest fan of Capital Radio but something gets boring because repeating the same songs. It's forced me to try other radios like CapitalExtra, CaptalChill, Hearts and many more because they play a lot of music. But I will keep visiting you capital fm. I love🤍🤍
Original post by Evan2002

Theres a few radio stations that do that.
I know absolute radio had a no repeat guarantee between certain times (i think it was 9-6 or something). Not sure if they still do it.

Quick Reply

Latest