The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

How I deal with assignment-related stress to find success at uni

A new academic year is starting. Some of you are new to uni and some, like me, are entering their final year. That doesn’t mean that I don't still suffer from assignment-related stress.
University is great, the opportunities and experiences on offer are invaluable and set you up for your future. So here are my top tips for finding success at uni.

Time management
Time management is so important as it helps you organise and manage your everyday responsibilities and reduce stress!
It’s best to find what works for you and plan study time into your routine. I use a diary and make sure to schedule in my assignment hand-in dates as soon as they’re released. This helps you to plan ahead and keep on track of your work. I also like to colour code my diary to separate my university timetable, assignments, work, meetings and personal plans.

Self-care
Self-care is important! Like many other students, when studying, I often neglect this. However, it’s important to schedule time for fun and your hobbies to reduce your stress levels why not join a society at your uni: I joined the football team!
Exercise can help relieve stress, whether that be walking, sporting activities or the gym and can positively affect your mood and improve sleep and self-esteem!

Referencing
Being prepared also helps reduce stress, and referencing is an essential skill to have as it’s required throughout university. There are several different referencing styles so make sure you know which style you need to use for your course. Once you know how, it becomes second nature. Why not schedule learning or practising referencing into your diary?

Use the support on offer
Make sure to get support from your lecturers, that’s what they are there for. And don’t forget to take advantage of the careers service at the uni where you can get careers advice. They can help you with applications, finding jobs and so much more!

Finally, ensure you acknowledge your achievements and celebrate your successes! I wish you good luck at university and all the best for your future!

Take care,
Olivia 😊
New academic year is starting but still no response from University about enrolment and timetable.
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Original post by Vetherie
New academic year is starting but still no response from University about enrolment and timetable.

Hi @Vetherie
The best advice I can give you at the moment is to contact the enrolment team using our enrolment enquiry form.
Please let me know if you need anything else at this stage.
All the best.
Toby

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending