The Student Room Group

Not handing in 3 assignments and worriedz (University)

Hi,

So I’m im 2nd year of uni and i’m coming towards the end. I have failed to complete 3 of my laat assignments and I haven’t handed them in, some have gone over a month without handing it in. I fell into bad depression and needed conselling n didnt get it for 5++ months. What do you think the outcome will be, will i be able to resit these assignments?
Reply 1
Sorry to hear you've been struggling, have you been keeping your university in the loop about your circumstances? You'd have to check your specific uni's policies, but at mine with your situation and sufficient evidence you'd probably get another first attempt (provided you let the uni know ASAP, or had a good reason for not being able to).
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry to hear you've been struggling, have you been keeping your university in the loop about your circumstances? You'd have to check your specific uni's policies, but at mine with your situation and sufficient evidence you'd probably get another first attempt (provided you let the uni know ASAP, or had a good reason for not being able to).

it’s been a month, but i applied for evidenced extension, like on the day of submitting.
Reply 3
it’s been a month, but i applied for evidenced extension, like on the day of submitting.

That's a good start, it's always helpful to have kept the uni informed as soon as possible. Since it seems you didn't then submit within your extended deadline, you'll be best arranging to meet your personal tutor/another department pastoral staff member to discuss your next steps.

Again though, you probably need to read your specific uni's policies. At mine you automatically get a capped resit for failed modules, (although not necessarily specific assignments if you passed the module anyway), and evidenced mitigation just removes the cap on the resit grade. Since you're worrying about being given a chance to resit, it sounds like this isn't the norm at your uni, so you'd need to find out what is. This is something your personal tutor should be able to help you with, or the SU if you prefer to ask them for advice.

Most important thing is to open that communication with your department again though, as it's the only way you'll find out anything for sure, or find out any extra evidence/processes you need to sort.
Reply 4
That's a good start, it's always helpful to have kept the uni informed as soon as possible. Since it seems you didn't then submit within your extended deadline, you'll be best arranging to meet your personal tutor/another department pastoral staff member to discuss your next steps.

Again though, you probably need to read your specific uni's policies. At mine you automatically get a capped resit for failed modules, (although not necessarily specific assignments if you passed the module anyway), and evidenced mitigation just removes the cap on the resit grade. Since you're worrying about being given a chance to resit, it sounds like this isn't the norm at your uni, so you'd need to find out what is. This is something your personal tutor should be able to help you with, or the SU if you prefer to ask them for advice.

Most important thing is to open that communication with your department again though, as it's the only way you'll find out anything for sure, or find out any extra evidence/processes you need to sort.

The thing is it’s been over a month, seriously. I’m in so much trouble and I am in second year
Reply 5
The thing is it’s been over a month, seriously. I’m in so much trouble and I am in second year

Anxiety tends to turn people into ostriches, but unfortunately doing nothing concrete about the situation will not make it go away. On the contrary it will just get worse. You will feel much better once you have spoken to your tutors, who are more and more used to dealing with MH issues. At least you’ll know exactly where you stand rather than imagining the worst.
I would go and see you tutors today, now, and if they’re not available at least mail them explaining the situation. If the response seems too harsh, then go and get advice from your SU. Inaction will just compound your problems.
Good luck.
Reply 6
Original post by Euapp
Anxiety tends to turn people into ostriches, but unfortunately doing nothing concrete about the situation will not make it go away. On the contrary it will just get worse. You will feel much better once you have spoken to your tutors, who are more and more used to dealing with MH issues. At least you’ll know exactly where you stand rather than imagining the worst.
I would go and see you tutors today, now, and if they’re not available at least mail them explaining the situation. If the response seems too harsh, then go and get advice from your SU. Inaction will just compound your problems.
Good luck.

thankyou
Reply 7
thankyou

You’re welcome. Don’t beat yourself up about it. Whatever the outcome you can move forward as long as you confront your problems.
Hi,

So I’m im 2nd year of uni and i’m coming towards the end. I have failed to complete 3 of my laat assignments and I haven’t handed them in, some have gone over a month without handing it in. I fell into bad depression and needed conselling n didnt get it for 5++ months. What do you think the outcome will be, will i be able to resit these assignments?

Since its mental health related matters provided you have some form of evidence there’s no reason to you not being capped or at the least deferred in having one more shot at the courseworks…
Reply 9
Original post by Mohammed_80
Since its mental health related matters provided you have some form of evidence there’s no reason to you not being capped or at the least deferred in having one more shot at the courseworks…

bro I feel messed up man its been a month, i need help. i’ve contacted them but i’ve missed 3 big assignments
Reply 10
bro I feel messed up man its been a month, i need help. i’ve contacted them but i’ve missed 3 big assignments

Have you started them? If you’ve contacted your tutors, the best thing you can do now ,if your exams have finished, is start or continue with those assignments. That way when you actually do get to see those responsible for your course they will see that you are doing your best to fulfill your obligations. If they agree to extend the submission date you’ll be under less pressure if you’ve already made an effort to start.
(edited 10 months ago)

Have you filled out like a form for example serious adverse circumstances or anything in extension form…
Reply 12
Original post by Mohammed_80
Have you filled out like a form for example serious adverse circumstances or anything in extension form…

yes i’ve requested it. i’m ****ed. its june n we’ve had over 2-3 months
Reply 13
Original post by Euapp
Have you started them? If you’ve contacted your tutors, the best thing you can do now ,if your exams have finished, is start or continue with those assignments. That way when you actually do get to see those responsible for your course they will see that you are doing your best to fulfill your obligations. If they agree to extend the submission date you’ll be under less pressure if you’ve already made an effort to start.

no i haven’t started them. one was due on the 5th may and i havent even submitted it. I’m so ****ed
Hey OP, if you feel comfortable send a private message to @TSR-Support. Don't beat yourself up too much, I agree with the advice anon #2 and Euapp have made. You've taken the first step by contacting your teachers/tutors so wepl done, that takes courage :hugs:
Reply 15
no i haven’t started them. one was due on the 5th may and i havent even submitted it. I’m so ****ed

No panic!! I’m not well enough versed in the way unis deal with things like this to offer any more practical advice on that front,but I’ve seen how badly anxiety can affect people’s ability to move forward. So follow the advice in #21. You’ve already taken the first step to getting this sorted out so have faith and believe in yourself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending