The Student Room Group

Having a hard time finishing my assignment - Help

Hi. I just need to rant on how difficult my second year at uni is and I need help to get through this. I am studying a healthcare-related degree and it’s been so hard trying to finish off my assignments because of not understanding the topics well. I am afraid that I won’t be able to pass second year because of my weak knowledge. I have already started on my last assignment for this year which is due in a week. I am already half way done (1000 out of 2000 words). However, I don’t feel confident that I will pass because of not understanding the topic well. I have already done a tutorial with my tutor to figure out what I need to include in my essay but it’s been hard understanding why I need to include it. I have even went back to recorded lectures and still don’t understand what I am supposed to write. I don’t know what else to do. I can’t book another tutorial anymore because it’s already late.
Reply 1
this may be a sign that you are on the wrong course.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi. I just need to rant on how difficult my second year at uni is and I need help to get through this. I am studying a healthcare-related degree and it’s been so hard trying to finish off my assignments because of not understanding the topics well. I am afraid that I won’t be able to pass second year because of my weak knowledge. I have already started on my last assignment for this year which is due in a week. I am already half way done (1000 out of 2000 words). However, I don’t feel confident that I will pass because of not understanding the topic well. I have already done a tutorial with my tutor to figure out what I need to include in my essay but it’s been hard understanding why I need to include it. I have even went back to recorded lectures and still don’t understand what I am supposed to write. I don’t know what else to do. I can’t book another tutorial anymore because it’s already late.

Hey!
I completely understand how difficult university can be, especially when you're studying a healthcare-related degree. It sounds like you're struggling with understanding the topics and completing your assignments, and I'm sorry to hear that. However, there are several things you can do to help yourself get through this difficult time.

Firstly, try not to panic. It's normal to feel overwhelmed and stressed, but it's important to keep a level head and stay focused on the task at hand. Take some deep breaths and remind yourself that you've already completed half of your final assignment. You've got this!

Next, try to identify the areas where you're struggling with the topic. Is there a particular concept or idea that's giving you trouble? If so, try to break it down into smaller pieces and focus on understanding each piece individually. Don't be afraid to reach out to your classmates or your tutor for help.

If you're having trouble with your essay, make sure you're clear on what your tutor is expecting from you. Ask for specific feedback on your draft so you can make the necessary changes. You can also try to find additional resources, such as textbooks or online articles, to help you better understand the topic.

It's also important to take care of yourself during this stressful time. Make sure you're getting enough rest, eating well, and taking breaks when you need them. Exercise can also be a great stress reliever.

Finally, don't be afraid to ask for help. Your university should have a support network in place to help you through difficult times. Consider reaching out to your academic advisor, student services, or counseling center for additional support.

Remember, you're not alone in this. Many students struggle with university, and it's okay to ask for help. You've got this!

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
University of Southampton
Original post by Anonymous

Hey,

I totally get how hard it can be on a healthcare course, as a medical student myself I totally understand. Sometimes it is really hard when you have such a vast subject area and there is loads of different topics it can be difficult to get an understanding of everything all at once. Especially if you are undertaking placements at the same time, life can feel abit hectic!

First thing is it's important not to panic about what you don't know and focus on trying to learn and understand it. I would recommend looking on YouTube for some tutorial videos on the topics you don't understand, it is a really good way to learn!

Another idea would be to ask someone in the year above you. They have done second year already and they know what it's like and how difficult it can be. They are the best to ask and they may be able to guide you on what is best to write.

You can do this! Last assignment of the year!

I hope this helps,

Ellen O'Brien
Y3 Medical Student
University of Sunderland
Digital Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending