The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Official Manchester Metropolitan University Applicant Chat & FAQ Thread 2023

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the 2023 applicant thread for Manchester Met .

Feel free to introduce yourself and chat to other applicants, as well as asking some important questions when considering studying at University! You can find some ideas below:

What course are you applying for?
Will you be moving away or staying at home?
Have you registered your interest to attend of our Open Days?

We are happy to help with any questions you may have about studying with us, so please just get in touch!

You can also find some really useful information about the university by visiting the links below

We look forward to hearing from you, and good luck with your applications!

The Manchester Met TSR Team

Scroll to see replies

hi i need help and would appreciate if you can inbox me as i am not able to inbox u because of being new user
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Qurrat Ul Ain
hi i need help and would appreciate if you can inbox me as i am not able to inbox u because of being new user

Hello,

I have just seen your post on one of our other threads which i have replied to.

Carly :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey! I have applied in a postgraduate course for the January Intake. Its been more than 4 weeks since my consultant submitted the application. I haven't heard back from the university yet but I know that this is the busiest time in uk universities. But all the waiting is worrying me a lot because I will be a international student and there are so many things that need to be done before I start my course and I don't want to miss orientation or anything else. I just hope I get my offer letter soon.
Original post by Koadelle99
Hey! I have applied in a postgraduate course for the January Intake. Its been more than 4 weeks since my consultant submitted the application. I haven't heard back from the university yet but I know that this is the busiest time in uk universities. But all the waiting is worrying me a lot because I will be a international student and there are so many things that need to be done before I start my course and I don't want to miss orientation or anything else. I just hope I get my offer letter soon.

@Koadelle99

Applications can take up to 6 weeks to be processed! Our admissions team are working as quickly as they can to process applications. Unfortunately, I am afraid we can not give updates out on the Student Room, if you would like an update on your application please contact the relevant admissions team.

Please note our admissions team have had a restructure and are using new email addresses. You can find our new contact details here: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/manchester-met-admissions

I
hope this helps

Carly!
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
@Koadelle99

Applications can take up to 6 weeks to be processed! Our admissions team are working as quickly as they can to process applications. Unfortunately, I am afraid we can not give updates out on the Student Room, if you would like an update on your application please contact the relevant admissions team.

Please note our admissions team have had a restructure and are using new email addresses. You can find our new contact details here: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/manchester-met-admissions

I
hope this helps

Carly!

Thanks Carly
Hi everyone!

Feel free to introduce yourself and chat to other applicants, as well as asking some important questions when considering studying at University! You can find some ideas below:

We are happy to help with any questions you may have about studying with us, so please just get in touch!

You can also find some really useful information about the university by visiting the links below

Hey,
I received a conditional offer on 23rd of September 2022, my course was eligible for international scholarship and i applied for the same. No update or response was received from the university. Furthermore, i applied for an unconditional offer on 27th October 2022 and subsequently no update on the same has been received. I am not able to get in contact with the international admission team neither through phone or email. If possible can you please provide an update.
Original post by Mehroz Ali
Hey,
I received a conditional offer on 23rd of September 2022, my course was eligible for international scholarship and i applied for the same. No update or response was received from the university. Furthermore, i applied for an unconditional offer on 27th October 2022 and subsequently no update on the same has been received. I am not able to get in contact with the international admission team neither through phone or email. If possible can you please provide an update.

Hi @Mehroz Ali

Unfortunately, I am not able to provide an update, all updates must come directly from the admissions team. We are not able to give updates on the student room as we are not the admissions team. Our admissions team are processing things as quickly as they possibly can and are currently receiving a high volume of enquiries and the team will respond to your email as soon as possible.

If you are asking about how to request your CAS, please ensure that you have paid your deposit or have confirmation of any funding and you hold an unconditional offer. Please complete the CAS request : https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/international/when-you-have-an-offer/secure-your-place/apply-for-cas and return it to [email protected]

I hope this helps.

Hi everyone!

I’ve applied for sociology and criminology (foundation year) however I’m unsure of whether the tuition will be covered by student loans or not? I am not an international student but I haven’t had any help from my teachers either
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve applied for sociology and criminology (foundation year) however I’m unsure of whether the tuition will be covered by student loans or not? I am not an international student but I haven’t had any help from my teachers either

Hi!

Typically, you are entiled to 4 years of Student Finance funding, therefore, your course with the foundation year should be eligible provided you meet the additional criteria for Student finance.

There are two main types of undergraduate student loans:

Tuition fee loans cover a university’s teaching charges.

Maintenance loans are designed to help cover living costs, including your accommodation.

Your eligibility for these loans - also called student finance - will depend on several things, including where you live, your personal circumstances and how you plan to study.

You can check your eligibility and how much loan you could get on the government website here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

Who you apply to depends on where you have been living in the UK:

Student Finance England

Student Finance Wales

Student Finance Northern Ireland

Student Awards Agency for Scotland

The process and eligibility criteria varies between countries. I would recommend you visit the website for your country to find out the details for your country specifically.

There is also a student finance forum you can view on the student room here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=545

I hope this helps!

Thanks a lot !
Hey, applying to Manchester Met for environmental science, im doing biology maths and chemistry at a level xx
Original post by aidyn.mcguigan
Hey, applying to Manchester Met for environmental science, im doing biology maths and chemistry at a level xx

Hi @aidyn.mcguigan

Thank you for considering us as one of your options!! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to let me know and I'll do my best to help. Best of luck with all of your applications!

hey, applied to Manchester Met for Film and Media studies-i'm doing film studies, sociology and history at A-Level.
Good evening,I qualify for contextual offer do you to the area I live in and my GCSEs school but however when I tested if I qualify online it said no ??? For other uni I qualify and I should qualify does that mean I won’t get contextual offer
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by gabrielle_ing
hey, applied to Manchester Met for Film and Media studies-i'm doing film studies, sociology and history at A-Level.

Hi @gabrielle_ing

Good luck with your applications! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Original post by laraaaaaaa.ox
Good evening,I qualify for contextual offer do you to the area I live in and my GCSEs school but however when I tested if I qualify online it said no ??? For other uni I qualify and I should qualify does that mean I won’t get contextual offer

Hi @laraaaaaaa.ox

For contextual offers you can find information here: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/how-to-apply/admissions-policies-and-procedures

At Manchester Metropolitan University, our mission is to recruit ambitious students from all backgrounds and to inspire and support them to achieve their potential. Outstanding educational provision and a transformative student experience lie at the heart of our ambition to become the best modern University in the UK. Equality of opportunity is central to everything we do and we have extensive interventions and engagements in place to support under-represented groups into and through the University.

We recognise that some students will experience particular challenges in their lives which may have an adverse impact on their predicted grades and/or exam performance. We will therefore consider any issues raised when making decisions to ensure we are fair to all applicants. If you are an applicant or offer holder and you want to make us aware of any issue you would like us to take into consideration, please contact [email protected]

I am afriad we are unable to comment on the possibility of you receiving a contextual offer as you will need to contact the admissions team.

I hope this helps! Carly :smile:
hi! i have an offer for Architecture at MSA. is anyone else here applying there or attending the offer holder day? also can any current/past students tell me how they find it here as ive heard a lot of mixed reviews
Original post by W15.97
Hi MMU! Was just wondering, my application stage says that my direct application is unsuccessful but I didn't get any email to confirm this. Does it mean I didn't get a place at the university?

Was there any reasons for your application to be unsuccessful? e.g not meeting entry requirements?
Hi there, I too also got this answer...I am also confused as I actually have been accepted before but had to defer due to COVID...now I'm confused as to why my application was unsuccessful as I uploaded all the requirements. (Original post by Anonymous)Was there any reasons for your application to be unsuccessful? e.g not meeting entry requirements?

Hi there, I too also got this answer...I am also confused as I actually have been accepted before but had to defer due to COVID...now I'm confused as to why my application was unsuccessful as I uploaded all the requirements

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending