The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

University of Hull - Official 2023 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Liz3251
hey! I'm applying for psychology and I was wondering how the optional modules work in the third year at hull as on your website it says you have to have completed the clinical psychology modules to do the fast track entry to a doctorate in clinical psychology and it says that around 30 40 students are selected for those modules. How does selection for these modules work and would it mean theres a chance i wouldnt get picked for them?

basically in your third year you are able to take clinical psychology modules so that you can get onto the fast track course. You can apply to them in the second year of university there, they usually accept around 40 students and they are based off of the grades you got in your assignments in your first year of university and the experience you have. this means that there is a chance you won’t get accepted to do the clinical modules and thus won’t be able to get onto the fast track. when i’m in year 13 I plan to apply to York and they have a very similar system to Hull so this is all i know, i hope this helps!
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by BTom1998
How did your interview go?

I got accepted. Had the interview on Friday and was accepted by the following Tuesday.
Good luck! I’m sure you’ll do great! Keep me updated! Mines on Wednesday

How did it go? I was accepted. Cried hard! 😂
Original post by Kay40
Any invites for interviews yet?

Yes, I had my interview around the 2nd of dec
Original post by Liz3251
hey! I'm applying for psychology and I was wondering how the optional modules work in the third year at hull as on your website it says you have to have completed the clinical psychology modules to do the fast track entry to a doctorate in clinical psychology and it says that around 30 40 students are selected for those modules. How does selection for these modules work and would it mean theres a chance i wouldnt get picked for them?

hey! ive just put my application in to study psychology at hull :smile: on an open day they essentially explain that it’s a round of interviews done within the second year and those students get to study the modules and also get to complete a fast tracked PhD.
best of luck during your application !
Original post by Anonymous
How did it go? I was accepted. Cried hard! 😂

I got accepted too! Mines a conditional offer though! Do you know when we’ll hear about applying for DBS’s and medicals?
I got accepted. Had the interview on Friday and was accepted by the following Tuesday.
Just applied last week for their physics with astrophysics course and received an email from the department's admissions tutor acknowledging my application and complimenting my personal statement.

Is that a common occurrence within the uni? I don't know anyone else who has applied there and my family seems to think it's some big achievement.

Does that email mean I'm likely to get a good offer? Or is it an email every/most applicants receive upon applying?
Reply 27
Original post by TangyMonster201
Just applied last week for their physics with astrophysics course and received an email from the department's admissions tutor acknowledging my application and complimenting my personal statement.

Is that a common occurrence within the uni? I don't know anyone else who has applied there and my family seems to think it's some big achievement.

Does that email mean I'm likely to get a good offer? Or is it an email every/most applicants receive upon applying?

i applied for primary teaching and also got a similar email sent from the department personally. i did get an invite for an interview as that is something my course requires, yet i'm not sure if there was a real correlation between my email and the interview invitation. but hopefully it can only mean positive things. best of luck:smile:
Original post by iz.05
i applied for primary teaching and also got a similar email sent from the department personally. i did get an invite for an interview as that is something my course requires, yet i'm not sure if there was a real correlation between my email and the interview invitation. but hopefully it can only mean positive things. best of luck:smile:

I also got this email from physics tutor but I was already holding an offer which I received before that email came in. Don’t think it meant anything just a personal hello I think as my offer is still the same.
Heyy, my names Elliott and I be applied for zoology with a foundation year! I would love to hear from anyone doing the same or any lgbtq folks as I don’t know anyone going to hull and I’m applying 2 years after everyone my age 😩
I got accepted too! Mines a conditional offer though! Do you know when we’ll hear about applying for DBS’s and medicals?

I think they get in touch with us. I'm getting worried about the financial side of it. Affording to travel there and back everyday whilst running a house with children 🙈😬 I need to research grants etc.
I'm applying for marine biology :smile: but might take a gap year instead and apply next year. I still havent sent off my application oof
I’ve firmed Hull to do history
I have my interview tomorrow, very nervous and excited

I take admission in your university can I take
ah ok! Thank you so much for explaining it to me!
I’ve applied for psychology at hull too! Hopefully ill see you there :smile:
Reply 35
I have applied for adult nursing, how long is the university taking to get back to people?
Thank you
Original post by Jpop91
I have applied for adult nursing, how long is the university taking to get back to people?
Thank you

I heard back within a few weeks to go for an interview
Reply 37
I heard back within a few weeks to go for an interview

Thank you, will be awhile yet then. I have an interview for Lincoln next week, but Hull is my first choice, well it was, but now I am stressing as I was told by the lady that interviewed me last year, when the nursing course has their holidays, but speaking to students from this year, they have said it's wrong, as one week is assessment well, when I was told it wasn't and I had now booked a holiday for that week, which I now can't change
(Original post by Jpop91)Thank you, will be awhile yet then. I have an interview for Lincoln next week, but Hull is my first choice, well it was, but now I am stressing as I was told by the lady that interviewed me last year, when the nursing course has their holidays, but speaking to students from this year, they have said it's wrong, as one week is assessment well, when I was told it wasn't and I had now booked a holiday for that week, which I now can't change

Try not to stress about it and speak to them about it at the interview and that!
I have applied to study midwifery I had my interview over 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet, has anyone who has applied for midwifery got an offer or decline yet?

Quick Reply

Latest