The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

University of Hull - Official 2023 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I have applied for midwifery! I had my interview over three weeks ago and not heard anything yet has anyone applied and got a place yet?
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by ParkinsonH
Hello, I have applied for midwifery! I had my interview over three weeks ago and not heard anything yet has anyone applied and got a place yet?

I would imagine as midwifery is really competitive, that it may take slightly longer to hear back. How soon after you sending off your application, did you get an email about an interview for midwifery? If you don't mind me asking
Reply 42
Original post by BTom1998
(Original post by Jpop91)Thank you, will be awhile yet then. I have an interview for Lincoln next week, but Hull is my first choice, well it was, but now I am stressing as I was told by the lady that interviewed me last year, when the nursing course has their holidays, but speaking to students from this year, they have said it's wrong, as one week is assessment well, when I was told it wasn't and I had now booked a holiday for that week, which I now can't change

Try not to stress about it and speak to them about it at the interview and that!

Thank you, I will try to not let it bother me, I only booked it as they said you get 3 weeks. Just the long waiting game to see if I get an interview now
(Original post by Jpop91)I would imagine as midwifery is really competitive, that it may take slightly longer to hear back. How soon after you sending off your application, did you get an email about an interview for midwifery? If you don't mind me asking

yes that's what I thought! It's just driving me crazy haha. I got an email inviting me to interview a week after my application!
I’ve applied and been offered an interview for primary education but it has to be on campus. It’s £300 for 2 tickets to Hull and although I’ve asked for virtual I’ve been told no. This means I am unlikely to be able to go.

I really can’t understand why the virtual option isn’t available to everyone?!
Hi! I have an unconditional offer to study American Studies at Hull!! I applied in October, got my conditional back in around 48 hours and had it changed to unconditional in December!! Feel free to pm me if you want to exchange socials/stay in touch! Would be lovely to meet some other Hull applicants!!
Reply 46
Hey all :smile:

I've applied for Mental Health Nursing, Child Nursing and Adult Nursing.
Currently on Evening Route to Health and Social Care level 4 as my access course.
Looking forward to learning most of all and meeting people of a similar mind set.

Glad to see some have had interviews and offers :biggrin:
I'm quite eager for a response and check my application status daily as the uncertainty and anticipation kills me haha.

Best of luck to all that have applied :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Erflow

Currently on Evening Route to Health and Social Care level 4 as my access course.
Looking forward to learning most of all and meeting people of a similar mind set.

I'm quite eager for a response and check my application status daily as the uncertainty and anticipation kills me haha.

Hey, I have applied to hull and still waiting to hear back, hull is my first choice, Lincoln is my insurance and I have already been offered an interview there. Good luck with your application
Reply 48
Original post by Jpop91
Hey, I have applied to hull and still waiting to hear back, hull is my first choice, Lincoln is my insurance and I have already been offered an interview there. Good luck with your application

Hey, glad to hear its going well on the offer front :smile: I'm not very patient when it comes to things like this haha. If you've had an offer already then I'm sure Hull will be sending one your way soon :biggrin:
Hi everyone. I just applied to a PhD at Hull, and was wondering if anyone knows anything more about timelines for interviews/offers? The deadline for applying was the 30th of Jan, and they've said interviews will be in March, but I was wondering when I might hear back.
Reply 50
Original post by Erflow

We must be on the same Evening Route course at the minute!

Have you heard back about any interviews yet?
Reply 51
Original post by SNH47
We must be on the same Evening Route course at the minute!

Have you heard back about any interviews yet?

Sadly, no. I've not heard anything at all back for anything. How about yourself?
Reply 52
Is anyone still waiting to hear from Hull? I applied over 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything, but I have already had my interview and offered a place at Lincoln. This is for adult nursing
Reply 53
Yeah I have my interview for ODP on Tuesday.

I know they said in Tuesdays lesson at they’re a bit behind with nursing interviews so hopefully you should hear soon!

Original post by Erflow
Sadly, no. I've not heard anything at all back for anything. How about yourself?
Reply 54
Original post by Jpop91
Is anyone still waiting to hear from Hull? I applied over 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything, but I have already had my interview and offered a place at Lincoln. This is for adult nursing

Still waiting. I think it's just a patience game now.
Reply 55
Original post by SNH47
Yeah I have my interview for ODP on Tuesday.

I know they said in Tuesdays lesson at they’re a bit behind with nursing interviews so hopefully you should hear soon!

That's awesome :smile: glad you've got that coming up. How are you preparing?
Reply 56
Original post by Erflow
That's awesome :smile: glad you've got that coming up. How are you preparing?

I’ve just been reading through the info they sent about the HCPC, CODP and rereading through my personal statement incase they want to discuss anything in there. So worried about it though because it’s the only course I’ve applied for 🫣
Original post by SNH47
So worried about it though because it’s the only course I’ve applied for 🫣

Hi SNH,

Firstly, congrats on getting your interview date through for ODP, it's my first choice as well although I think myself and Erflow will likely find ourselves in a later round of interviews.

Regarding being worried about it as you've only picked this course, a bit of advice I'd give and it may be worth looking into, is applying for another course (Similar, ofc) to ODP. A lot of threads show that a good amount of students have a habit of swapping out once they're in Uni, which means it may be possible for you to swap in once you're enrolled (Should the class have space to allow) and consider future progression, should you take on Nursing, or Para Sciences, there's nothing stopping you completing further training once qualified and employed to have a more ODP-esque role in healthcare.

I'm not saying to abandon hope, nor am I being pessimistic, but consider a contingency plan and the other possible routes to ODP. Hope your interview goes well, and who knows I may well be in your cohort should we both get our first choice :smile:
Original post by Jpop91

Speaking to Jo (I'm on the Daytime Certificate at the moment) it seems the Health Sciences had a large amount of applications over the Christmas period.

I've heard back from Social Work (Got my Interview and Assessment on the 6th of March) but I imagine Adult Nursing is a lot more competitive and so I reckon we'll be hearing back come close of Feb/early March. Best of luck.
At my nursing interview they told me that they’re not making offers until all interviews have been done. So could be a while yet. Best of luck x

Quick Reply

Latest