The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

University of Hull - Official 2023 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

I applied for nursing too. They told me in my interview back in Jan that they wouldn’t be sending out offers until all interviews had been made and that it could be a while. Hopefully end of feb/beginning of March though. Best of luck

Original post by Jpop91
Is anyone still waiting to hear from Hull? I applied over 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything, but I have already had my interview and offered a place at Lincoln. This is for adult nursing
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Kyper2008!
At my nursing interview they told me that they’re not making offers until all interviews have been done. So could be a while yet. Best of luck x

I know people from my university course I am on now, have got nursing offers from hull already, and last year I knew within a week I had an offer at hull, and I had applied later than what I did this year
Reply 62
Original post by Kyper2008!
I applied for nursing too. They told me in my interview back in Jan that they wouldn’t be sending out offers until all interviews had been made and that it could be a while. Hopefully end of feb/beginning of March though. Best of luck

That's strange I know people that have had offers for nursing at hull
Original post by Jpop91
I know people from my university course I am on now, have got nursing offers from hull already, and last year I knew within a week I had an offer at hull, and I had applied later than what I did this year

Again it's all down to applications and when the bulk come in. Christmas will see an uptick as the admissions are likely unmanned or short staffed, and prospecting students have more time to fire them in.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, if Hull have already beens sending offers out, chances are it's to those who score highly in terms of qualifications, and who've done well to impress at the interview. There won't be the volume of those type of students to fill a course this early on though :smile:

Those offers will also still be subject to those students meeting the relevant entry criteria in terms of A-level grade or how they're graded on their particular course too.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 64
Original post by Hamish30
Again it's all down to applications and when the bulk come in. Christmas will see an uptick as the admissions are likely unmanned or short staffed, and prospecting students have more time to fire them in.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, if Hull have already beens sending offers out, chances are it's to those who score highly in terms of qualifications, and who've done well to impress at the interview. There won't be the volume of those type of students to fill a course this early on though :smile:

Those offers will also still be subject to those students meeting the relevant entry criteria in terms of A-level grade or how they're graded on their particular course too.

I sent my application a week before the deadline, I did want it done before Christmas, but was struggling with my personal statement. Last year I sent it on deadline day, booked my interview for April, and had an offer a few days later. Hoping if I get the offer of an interview I could possibly have it sooner than end of April this year
Reply 65
hey.
got an unconditional offer at Hull for BSc psychology and criminology. hmu if you wanna talk :smile:
Original post by Jpop91
I sent my application a week before the deadline, I did want it done before Christmas, but was struggling with my personal statement. Last year I sent it on deadline day, booked my interview for April, and had an offer a few days later. Hoping if I get the offer of an interview I could possibly have it sooner than end of April this year

Hey Jpop,

Heard back from both Para Sci and ODP today and booked my interviews. If you've not yet heard back from Nursing courses, it seems they're making good progress through the applications now.
Reply 67
Still waiting on hull adult nursing, it didn't take this long last year and I applied later last time x
Reply 68
Original post by Jpop91
Still waiting on hull adult nursing, it didn't take this long last year and I applied later last time x

I have my interview for MH Nursing in a couple of weeks, I'm sure you'll hear back very soon :smile:
Reply 69
Original post by Erflow
I have my interview for MH Nursing in a couple of weeks, I'm sure you'll hear back very soon :smile:

I was finally offered an interview last night 😁 good luck with your interview when the time comes x
I got offered a conditional place on adult nursing a couple of months ago now, does anyone know when we’ll expect to hear about DBS and medical checks?
Hi 👋
I had an interview for Midwifery at Hull back in January and offered a shortly after.

Anyone else in the 2023 cohort? Very exciting :h:
Hello I have applied for Child Nursing! I had my virtual interview today. The interviewer was really nice.. I think it really went well and she says she is looking forward to seeing me in September.
I am hoping to hear from them soon.

Are there any child nursing students like me?
Had my ODP interview yesterday and hoping to hear back soon, first choice for Uni and course as well, anyone else doing ODP and heard back?
Reply 74
Original post by Chapman3818
Had my ODP interview yesterday and hoping to hear back soon, first choice for Uni and course as well, anyone else doing ODP and heard back?

Hey! I had my interview on a Tuesday and they also interviewed Thursday and I found out on the Friday that I got in. I only applied for that course at Hull so I was so pleased I got accepted!

Fingers crossed you hear soon!!
Reply 75
Original post by Chapman3818

A friend of mine had her ODP interview yesterday, and she has not long heard back from them offering her a place. I have my fingers crossed for you
Original post by SNH47
Hey! I had my interview on a Tuesday and they also interviewed Thursday and I found out on the Friday that I got in. I only applied for that course at Hull so I was so pleased I got accepted!

Fingers crossed you hear soon!!

Congrats on getting in!

Wow that's so quick, which isn't a bad thing because I just want to know now haha, hopefully I've got a place and if so I'll see you in September!
I've just heard back now and Becky has confirmed I've got a place! I'm absolutely over the moon!
Reply 78
Has anyone had a child nursing offer yet? Had my interview in January and still waiting to hear.
Original post by Kay40
Has anyone had a child nursing offer yet? Had my interview in January and still waiting to hear.

Hey dear, I had my child nursing interview last week. Still hoping to hear from them.

Quick Reply

Latest