The Student Room Group

Student Finance - Cost of Living

I have been granted 4.5k to move away, my apartment alone is 7.5k, I have no financial support from parents, I have every other year but this year my dad had a accident that was almost fatal, it's brought him out of work so he can barely move so my mum's wage supports them both whilst also paying all the mortgage etc. not to mention my sister is also at uni so she couldn't support both, how is this fair? Feels like my only option is to drop out of university because of unfair funding, I don't expect a lot and I was 12 hour shifts over the weekends to support myself but I cannot physically afford my apartment, as well as food/supplies etc and then my studying supplies...
Original post by DomWill
I have been granted 4.5k to move away, my apartment alone is 7.5k, I have no financial support from parents, I have every other year but this year my dad had a accident that was almost fatal, it's brought him out of work so he can barely move so my mum's wage supports them both whilst also paying all the mortgage etc. not to mention my sister is also at uni so she couldn't support both, how is this fair? Feels like my only option is to drop out of university because of unfair funding, I don't expect a lot and I was 12 hour shifts over the weekends to support myself but I cannot physically afford my apartment, as well as food/supplies etc and then my studying supplies...

Could you move to cheaper accommodation? £7500 is a lot for a student. Are there any rooms in houses or flats cheaper elsewhere?
Reply 2
Original post by Mintkoala
Could you move to cheaper accommodation? £7500 is a lot for a student. Are there any rooms in houses or flats cheaper elsewhere?

I've looked around, cheapest one I've seen is 6.5k but that isn't a great place, not to be picky I'd happily stay there but that's also unaffordable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending