The Student Room Group

Does bursary and scholarship entitlement affect student finance?

Hello

I don't know if this is a silly question but out of the blue last night I received an email telling me that my "updated Bursary/Scholarship entitlement for 2022/23 is now available to view online" and on the gov.uk site it is referring to it as a REassessment letter. I am now worried that perhaps my SFE has been reevaluated and that I will no longer get the amount I was originally entitled to for the next two terms of university. I am supposed to be getting around £12.6k for the year with £4k instalments each term and that is the perfect amount for me to cover my rent and live in London. If this has been lowered then I am afraid I will have to start relying on parents to help me financially, which is something I really want to avoid. The letter itself is telling me I will be receiving £3k over the course of three terms calling it a "UCL Bursary" but I don't know why I am receiving this or whether this will be replacing my SFE.

If anyone understands what this letter is referring to, that would be a great deal of help :smile: and I apologise if this is silly to even be asking about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending