The Student Room Group

Histopathology application 2023

Scroll to see replies

Hay everyone ,
Where do we histopathology poster presentation?
(edited 7 months ago)
Is one able to apply for both NI and LaKSS at the same time?
Reply 282
Hi all,

I know a few people have asked this above, but I would really appreciate some guidance on what to expect at interview and how best to prepare?

Would appreciate a DM, thanks!
Original post by JC25
Hi all,

I know a few people have asked this above, but I would really appreciate some guidance on what to expect at interview and how best to prepare?

Would appreciate a DM, thanks!

Hi, I don't mind if you DM me :smile:
Hi,
How the final score is decided for trainy ranking? Is it an interview, or do they also include a self-assessment score? ( This is mentioned in the Oriel website for histopath - Your scores at the interview will be used to determine your final total score and ranking)
Original post by Gurukiran
Hi,
How the final score is decided for trainy ranking? Is it an interview, or do they also include a self-assessment score? ( This is mentioned in the Oriel website for histopath - Your scores at the interview will be used to determine your final total score and ranking)

Hi sorry I may not answer your question but do you know what the cut-off was for invitation to interview for 2023?
Original post by seniesmiles
Hi sorry I may not answer your question but do you know what the cut-off was for invitation to interview for 2023?

not sure, it was around 21 or 26
Reply 287
Original post by poofypeanut
I noticed a status change to 'Interview' this morning.
Has anybody received interview invite yet ?

Hi . I am applying this year can you please guide about the interview
Reply 288
Original post by HistopathApp
The questions were reasonable. Don't feel they asked anything that was a real curve ball.

I did finish early on both 15 min sections so I feel like that might not be a good sign but I'll just have to see.

Hi, sorry to jump on the post but am applying this year . Can you please guide where to study from and what to expect
Original post by Gurukiran
not sure, it was around 21 or 26

Thanks
Reply 290
Original post by Luaiemad
I will start at MRI , do you have any document link stating that Histopathology is Hard to fill speciality please . It would be great helpful

Hi Luaiemad. I am also a speciality doctor applying for training this year. I am very much anxious. Can you please guide what to expect in interview? Thanks
Reply 291
Original post by hampineapple
The questions were reasonable, I was just really nervous and all the answers I have prepared gone out of my head, I started word-vomiting without really thinking about what I said. I have not had interviews in a while and was probably underprepared. I finished early and one of the panellist said I could leave now. I feel like that's not a positive sign. The picture interpreting station I found very hard as I am not sure what they wanted. Didn't know how to prepare for that station either.

What was it about can you please explain
Reply 292
Original post by you58
Hey guys. Anyone who did not make it through the interview please send me a private message so we can work out what went wrong together.

I would also like help from successful candidates but another helpful thing maybe to work out if there were any common things that may have gone wrong.

Many of us feel the interview went well and prepared with advise from ST1's and are stuck on what the interviewers did not like. If we can gather ideas, it might be helpful for those of us who apply next time so we don't make the same mistakes.

Hi Did it happen?
Reply 293
Hello
Can anyone who got through the interview provide some guidance
I am up for interview this year
Reply 294
Original post by Ritib20
Hello

Hi, I am really interested in interview tips too.
Reply 295
Original post by Ritib20
Hello

Hello have you gotten your interview offer year and if so was it through email?
Original post by Dr Sandy
Hello have you gotten your interview offer year and if so was it through email?

For people who went through the interview last year can someone shed light on the difference between the clinical knowledge scenario and the case study? The rest of the interview seems self explanatory but just wondering what type of topics would come under these headings? Thanks in advance.
Original post by rollingpanda
Had an email about unsuccessfull application. Sorry and couldn’t understand why. My self score was very high interview went well. But who knows. Hope better luck for everyone
Hello, this happens to me this year. Feeling disappointed. I know this post is really old but did you reapply for the next intake?
Anyone working in histopathology who got interviews but dint get through

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending