The Student Room Group

Foundation + MBBS @ UCLan

Hey,
I've got an offer from UCLan for Foundation with MBBS. I'm looking for students who are in the same programme and want to know:
1. Pros of studying there
2. Disadvantages
3. Facilities
4. Teaching styles

Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,
I've got an offer from UCLan for Foundation with MBBS. I'm looking for students who are in the same programme and want to know:
2. Disadvantages
3. Facilities
4. Teaching styles
Thanks!

Hi there, I'm one of the current UK MBBS students from UCLan so hopefully I can answer some of your questions!

Pro's of studying here:

I have found UCLan to be really supportive during my studies which is really important at medical school. We have great wellbeing services and our own wellbeing team within the medical school who recognize the challenges that a medical degree poses!

Location - UCLan is really well located if you want to explore the local areas and the rest of the UK! There are direct trains down to London and up to Edinburgh making it really accessible. We are also only a 40 minute drive from the Lake District if you like exploring the outdoors.

Early clinical contact - we have early clinical contact with patients right from year 1 which is great for developing your skills.

Facilities:

We have brilliant gym facilities at UCLan which has everything from a gym floor to different classes running each day - this is a great way to try a new sport!

For medicine, we have anatomage suites which are a really interesting and interactive way to learn anatomy!

We also have clinical skills labs that are simulated for you to feel like you're in a hospital.

You can see more about the facilities at UCLan here.

Teaching styles:
In years 1&2, we get taught through a mix of lectures and workshops. In years 3,4&5 we get taught through a mix of Expert half days (which are like lectures), CBL, clinical reasoning, clinical skills and prescribing workshops.

I hope this helps!
-Rebecca, UCLan
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,
2. Disadvantages
3. Facilities
4. Teaching styles
Thanks!

Hey me too!
Original post by exampro238
Hey me too!
Hi @exampro238,

Great to hear that you have received an offer to study MBBS Medicine & Surgery (Foundation Entry) here at UCLan! 😊

If you have any questions about the course or life here as a student, I'd be happy to help.

All the best and we hope to welcome you onto campus in September.
-Sarah
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @exampro238,
Great to hear that you have received an offer to study MBBS Medicine & Surgery (Foundation Entry) here at UCLan! 😊
If you have any questions about the course or life here as a student, I'd be happy to help.
All the best and we hope to welcome you onto campus in September.
-Sarah

Hello, Could you please advise on studying foundation medicine in UCLAN Westlakes Campus compared to UCLAN Preston Campus.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending