The Student Room Group

Histopathology ST1 2024

Hi everyone, im looking forward to applying for a Histopahtology ST1 training position in 2024 and Im looking for advice and info on how to provide evidence for the self assessment score in order to get the points. As an IMG all i can do i provide letters of confirmation from my Uni/Current head of dpt./etc. and hope they will be accepted. Will this be enough? and in case not, will there be an opportunity to speak to anyone about it and appeal, or is it a one time shot to provide evidence!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Teachings > letters and feedbacks. Could also be a letter from your supervisor.
Posters > evidence stating that. Could be a letter from the relevant entities.
Presentations > could be a letter stating your involvement signed and stamped.
Histopathology involvement > letters from the responsible histopathologist or the department you’ve done your taster in.
That was not an exhaustive list.
Reply 2
Original post by rokzie
Teachings > letters and feedbacks. Could also be a letter from your supervisor.
Posters > evidence stating that. Could be a letter from the relevant entities.
Presentations > could be a letter stating your involvement signed and stamped.
Histopathology involvement > letters from the responsible histopathologist or the department you’ve done your taster in.
That was not an exhaustive list.

Great! Thank you. May i also ask if you know anything about on-call duties or extra hours during the histopathology training? im trying to figure our how much ST doctors earn and if there is anything which can help increase the salary..
Reply 3
Unfortunately I do not think I’ll be able to help with that. Probably the best thing is to get an insightful answer from actual STs out there.

Original post by Aries1990
Great! Thank you. May i also ask if you know anything about on-call duties or extra hours during the histopathology training? im trying to figure our how much ST doctors earn and if there is anything which can help increase the salary..
Reply 4
Hi. There is a big applying to Histopathology thread in the current medical students and Doctors forum.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=356

This one is the applying to med school forum so may not get so much traction.

Good luck.
Reply 5
is the new crest form ready to print and available
Hi everyone, im looking forward to applying for a Histopahtology ST1 training position in 2024 and Im looking for advice and info on how to provide evidence for the self assessment score in order to get the points. As an IMG all i can do i provide letters of confirmation from my Uni/Current head of dpt./etc. and hope they will be accepted. Will this be enough? and in case not, will there be an opportunity to speak to anyone about it and appeal, or is it a one time shot to provide evidence!?

Hello! When are the applications going to open.?
What matter u write in letter.?
Original post by Anu2389

.?
Reply 8
Original post by Anu2389

yes,
Reply 9
Original post by Anu2389

yes, i got it signed recently
Original post by Gurukiran
yes, i got it signed recently

Could u pls tell me how u r doing self assessment about teaching and research.?
What documents we have to submit in the application.?
Reply 11
Original post by Ayesha masira

For teaching experience - I did few teaching with feedback & attended few as well , so going to request my department consultant to give letter.

For teaching in training - I attended teach the teacher course ( 2days course by Oxford).

For research - nothing much , I started a systemic review but I don’t think I can finish it any sooner.
Reply 12
Original post by Ayesha masira

I did 3 teaching with feed back , attended few , going request a consultant for a letter. And attended online teach the teacher 2 days course
Original post by Gurukiran
For teaching experience - I did few teaching with feedback & attended few as well , so going to request my department consultant to give letter.

For teaching in training - I attended teach the teacher course ( 2days course by Oxford).

For research - nothing much , I started a systemic review but I don’t think I can finish it any sooner.

Thank you..do we have to submit evidence later through evidence protal and not at the time of submitting application.?
Reply 14
Is there anyone applying to histopathology this year? I feel like the activity on this forum is way less than previous years.

Original post by GGIN
Hi. There is a big applying to Histopathology thread in the current medical students and Doctors forum.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=356

This one is the applying to med school forum so may not get so much traction.

Good luck.

Hi, I have moved this thread to the Current Medical Students and Doctors forum now :smile:
Reply 16
Guys let me know, if anyone starts preparing for interview soon may be in next one or two days?
Sooner the better😀
Reply 17
Original post by rokzie
Is there anyone applying to histopathology this year? I feel like the activity on this forum is way less than previous years.

Yes I am
Original post by rokzie

Hopefully that means there will be less competition for places for this year! haha 🤞🤞
Reply 19
😀😀 Unlikely, most of the people waiting for interview selection, after that this thread might become reactive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending