The Student Room Group

Failed in my osce twice

Hi I'm a international nurse came to uk . I failed my osce twice in fluid balance. I feel like utter failure .during my resit I was confident at first and then got wrong value while calculating. I got soo nervous that my hands were shaking like crazy I couldn't even write .
I really feel like I'm dumb . IM not at all confidence to take my next resit .. I practiced for my resit like crazy but still I failed . I'm ashamed to face my friends amd family and colleagues at work ..
Hello,

Please dont feel like this. OSCEs are very difficult exams.

I would advice getting a subscription to Geeky Medics (the app) as it has many OSCE scenarios. You need to continuously practice and ask one of your friends to watch you while you are doing it. Youtube also is the best, with many videos that will guide you step by step.

Best of luck,
Haya
MBBS V
Original post by corrosive-coed
Hi I'm a international nurse came to uk . I failed my osce twice in fluid balance. I feel like utter failure .during my resit I was confident at first and then got wrong value while calculating. I got soo nervous that my hands were shaking like crazy I couldn't even write .
I really feel like I'm dumb . IM not at all confidence to take my next resit .. I practiced for my resit like crazy but still I failed . I'm ashamed to face my friends amd family and colleagues at work ..
Don’t be disheartened and please don’t give up. The best thing you can do is receive feedback and shadow a qualified nurse at work. Fluid balance is so routine at work that nurses do this for +8 patients a day. If you’re shadowing nurses at work you can probably see +40 patients a week and even ask the nurse to do it yourself and receive feedback. You will ace this with practice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending