The Student Room Group

Histopathology application 2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I really commend that attitude. We all need that sometimes. It’s career that has endless judgments and scores. It gets difficult for people who are used to being an A-student. 👏
Original post by Blackcat962
I’m ok! Thank you! Let’s not be afraid of failure, it isn’t a dirty word :smile: I get the excited of deciding what I’m gonna do next
Reply 21
A lot of people are applying to histopath because medicine is becoming such a hard job to do. Also a lot of 'back up' applications to histopath for people who're applying to other specialties unfortunately.

The interview set up sounds interesting...does anyone have any idea of anything more specific about the interviews from last year?
Reply 22
Original post by rollingpanda
Really ? I am sorry but I think the competition ratio is getting worse and worse. As far as I know, last year the cut off score was 21

I personally know 5 people who have applied to histopath as a 'back up option' and 4 of them got interviews...
Yeah I know a few people that also got interviews and have it as a back-up choice, so frustrating when a lot of us are putting down histopath as our first choice/the only speciality we want to do! Best of luck everyone for interviews in a few weeks, hope we all get the job we want :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey guys ! Did everyone book their interviews? Quite stressed and excited !
Reply 25
Hey guys ! Did everyone book their interviews? Quite stressed and excited !

Yep, booked for the 7th
Original post by delib
Yep, booked for the 7th

Mine is on 8th
Hi all,

How are interviews going? had mine today.

:smile:
Mine is tomorrow. How was it
The questions were reasonable. Don't feel they asked anything that was a real curve ball.

I did finish early on both 15 min sections so I feel like that might not be a good sign but I'll just have to see.
(edited 1 year ago)
Me too. I have a bad feeling as I feel like I finished too early...
The questions were reasonable, I was just really nervous and all the answers I have prepared gone out of my head, I started word-vomiting without really thinking about what I said. I have not had interviews in a while and was probably underprepared. I finished early and one of the panellist said I could leave now. I feel like that's not a positive sign. The picture interpreting station I found very hard as I am not sure what they wanted. Didn't know how to prepare for that station either.
Hi! Just had mine today too, I thought the questions were reasonable, I dont really know how they are planning on differentiating between candidates to be honest as I thought some the phrasing was a bit vague and general so not sure exactly what they wanted but will keep my fingers crossed :smile:
Glad to hear I'm not alone in some of my worries!

I also found the picture station a bit weird tbh and some of the questions I didn't really know exactly what they were trying to get from me.

A relief it's over either way!
I felt like I was rushed in the first station. I was answering one of the questions and had a couple more points to make and the interviewer just said ok lets move on to the next question. I didn't feel as though I was waffling and I though I had been answering the question for about a minute. And then the next station I actually finished early. So not sure what to make of that.
Found it a little rushed at times but also sometimes finished early with other questions. Glad it's over now at least.
I had mine today. It was not very good also not bad ☺️ Good luck everyone
What was your portfolio score to be shortlisted for interview? I did not get shorlisted for interview. My portfolio score is 19

Original post by HistopathApp
Glad to hear I'm not alone in some of my worries!

I also found the picture station a bit weird tbh and some of the questions I didn't really know exactly what they were trying to get from me.

A relief it's over either way!
I had mine today. It was not very good also not bad ☺️ Good luck everyone

What was your portfolio score to be shortlisted for interview? I did not get shorlisted for interview. My portfolio score is 19
Original post by FATchristopher
I felt like I was rushed in the first station. I was answering one of the questions and had a couple more points to make and the interviewer just said ok lets move on to the next question. I didn't feel as though I was waffling and I though I had been answering the question for about a minute. And then the next station I actually finished early. So not sure what to make of that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending