The Student Room Group

Histopathology application 2023

Scroll to see replies

I am sorry to say that you are no longer can continue to the preferences , your interview was unsuccessful unfortunately.
Sorry to say that .
I hope that I am wrong
Original post by rokzie
What does it mean if I was able to rank preferences yesterday but today I’ve been sent an email that said unsuccessful at interview. The preferences tab is gone

am sorry to say that you are no longer can continue to the preferences , your interview was unsuccessful unfortunately.
Sorry to say that .
I hope that I am wrong
Anyone receive this: the preferences tab is gone
Reply 63
I also received the unsuccessful at interview email. I though I'd done okay. It's really awful that they open the preference window before they send off the unsuccessful interview email. They could easily do it the other way around. It wouldn't take long.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by you58
I also received the unsuccessful at interview email. I though I'd done okay. It's really awful that they open the preference window before they send off the unsuccessful interview email. They could easily do it the other way around. It wouldn't take long.

I am sorry and agree with you
Reply 65
Hi all.

Agree that the questions seemed reasonable but I wasn't very fluent and took time to think, so stuttered a bit and don't think managed to answer all questions as fully as I would like to.

Would be interested to know if anyone has any thoughts about preference ranking...I've heard histopathology training is quite uniform across deaneries.
Original post by delib
Hi all.

Agree that the questions seemed reasonable but I wasn't very fluent and took time to think, so stuttered a bit and don't think managed to answer all questions as fully as I would like to.

Would be interested to know if anyone has any thoughts about preference ranking...I've heard histopathology training is quite uniform across deaneries.

Did you receive the 'the preferences tab is gone'?
Reply 67
(Original post by Luaiemad)am sorry to say that you are no longer can continue to the preferences , your interview was unsuccessful unfortunately.

Strange. I’ve done everything that could possibly be done and I’m still shocked and strongly believe they’re mistaken. They must’ve mixed up results with someone else’s.

Original post by Luaiemad
am sorry to say that you are no longer can continue to the preferences , your interview was unsuccessful unfortunately.
Sorry to say that .
I hope that I am wrong
Original post by rokzie
(Original post by Luaiemad)am sorry to say that you are no longer can continue to the preferences , your interview was unsuccessful unfortunately.

Strange. I’ve done everything that could possibly be done and I’m still shocked and strongly believe they’re mistaken. They must’ve mixed up results with someone else’s.

I agree with you, it’s very weird, one of my friend get 47 in self assessment and did great in interview then he received same email yesterday.
Anyone who passed the interview, please can you give some tips?
Reply 70
Original post by Anonymous

Send me a message?

2nd this please, thank you.
Do we know how many people were interviewed?
Reply 73
Hey guys. Anyone who did not make it through the interview please send me a private message so we can work out what went wrong together.

I would also like help from successful candidates but another helpful thing maybe to work out if there were any common things that may have gone wrong.

Many of us feel the interview went well and prepared with advise from ST1's and are stuck on what the interviewers did not like. If we can gather ideas, it might be helpful for those of us who apply next time so we don't make the same mistakes.
(edited 1 year ago)
Sorry to those who weren't successful.

There was a post on last year's thread "Apparently you can tell if you’re appointable already by login on to oriel and seeing if it’s updated your status from interview booked to interview complete or interview unsuccessful"

Seems it has something to do with hitting the minimum appointable score. Someone mentioned what value this was on last year's thread but I can't remember it off the top of my head. Obviously getting an actual offer then requires you to get a high enough score to match to somewhere you actually want to be. Goodluck everyone.
Reply 75
Original post by HistopathApp

There was a post on last year's thread "Apparently you can tell if you’re appointable already by login on to oriel and seeing if it’s updated your status from interview booked to interview complete or interview unsuccessful"

Seems it has something to do with hitting the minimum appointable score. Someone mentioned what value this was on last year's thread but I can't remember it off the top of my head. Obviously getting an actual offer then requires you to get a high enough score to match to somewhere you actually want to be. Goodluck everyone.

I saw this post as well and checked for an updated status many times before preferences were open. They didn't change our status until afterwards.
Original post by HistopathApp

Is that to say that if you are appointable but rank near the bottom, you might not get an offer even if you apply to everywhere?
How do we send private messages? (Sorry new to this)
Reply 78
How do we send private messages? (Sorry new to this)

Hover over the persons name. You can't send to someone who is anonymous.
Reply 79
I can’t agree more.

Original post by you58
Hey guys. Anyone who did not make it through the interview please send me a private message so we can work out what went wrong together.

I would also like help from successful candidates but another helpful thing maybe to work out if there were any common things that may have gone wrong.

Many of us feel the interview went well and prepared with advise from ST1's and are stuck on what the interviewers did not like. If we can gather ideas, it might be helpful for those of us who apply next time so we don't make the same mistakes.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending