The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Official Edinburgh Napier University 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hey, i also applied to photography and i got in! Really excited for the course. See ya in September :smile:
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
I just got an email for when the offer holder day is but can’t find what time I should get there for does anyone know?
Original post by Abwell17
I just got an email for when the offer holder day is but can’t find what time I should get there for does anyone know?

Would suggest that you contact Napier university and ask them for further information about the time you need to attend as you have not got it within your email notifications.

Which course is it for......
Usually if it's nursing courses you'll be asked to attend from about 9am but I would still check with them about the time for your particular course you are doing okay.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Tracey_W
Would suggest that you contact Napier university and ask them for further information about the time you need to attend as you have not got it within your email notifications.

Which course is it for......
Usually if it's nursing courses you'll be asked to attend from about 9am but I would still check with them about the time for your particular course you are doing okay.

Thank you, I’ve sent an email to them asking as I’ve applied for International Tourism Management. I reckon I will get an email in the coming weeks telling me the time it starts however I live over 5 hours away so I just needed to know a bit in advance. :smile:
Original post by Abwell17
Thank you, I’ve sent an email to them asking as I’ve applied for International Tourism Management. I reckon I will get an email in the coming weeks telling me the time it starts however I live over 5 hours away so I just needed to know a bit in advance. :smile:

Thanks 🙏

You are welcome.....
Good you sent them a email asking about things.
Yes you certainly need a time especially being almost five hours away from the university.
You can always give them a phone call if you don't hear anything in the coming days.
Remember that the universities have got Easter holidays coming up but normally there's some staff in the building for enquiries.
Hopefully you'll have heard back from them before then about things. 😀😀😊
Hi! I have an offer to study International Hospitality Management.
I'm currently studying a HNC in Hospitality Operations.
Anyone have law offers yet? Applied in mid January.
Hi everyone.

Hope results day went well for you last week. For anyone that got an offer and is now heading to Edinburgh Napier University then you can find our freshers thread here -> Edinburgh Napier University Freshers 2023.

EH
Reply 28
Original post by probablymya
Just had my interview for napier and got an offer! i’ve applied to photography ba, and i’m currently doing creative media production! interview was so easy and the lecturer was very understanding of my nerves ❤️

Heya I am also doing photography this year! The interview also made me nervous a lil.
I hope we get to see each other if we end up in the same class!

Don't know if I can be useful for any potential students looking at doing midwifery at Napier university as ex student midwife......

Hi, I'm hoping to maybe go into midwifery next year but all I'm seeing online are people talking about how they hate their job and I'm nervous about applying now. What's your experience been like, if you don't mind?
Reply 30
Original post by conniemcld
Hi, I'm hoping to maybe go into midwifery next year but all I'm seeing online are people talking about how they hate their job and I'm nervous about applying now. What's your experience been like, if you don't mind?

Hi Connie 😊😊

That's great news that you want to do midwifery next year as you'll be doing a fantastic job as a midwife.
There's nothing to be nervous about applying for midwifery as believe me you'll be fine, I have found that the younger students ( 17/18 - 24 age groups) struggle more because they are only interested in going out on the town and getting drunk and then turn up for there lectures or placement under the website which you can't do. You'll find the older people are more mature and capable of doing this degree lots better than younger ones.

I was a mature student myself when I did my midwifery degree ( started it in 2016 and qualified in 2019) and it was great.
I will be honest with you at first I couldn't cope with the placement at first because I was trying to juggle a part-time job and do three 12.5 hours shifts each week, I did eventually got everything sorted out and afterwards I didn't look back.
You have to be committed with doing the midwife degree first and foremost and then fit in any part-time job you want to do.
You'll get use to doing the long hours shifts as you do each one as you have to let your body adjust to working when you are use to doing something else especially Nightshift and weekends.
I did find the lecturer and staff at Napier Very good and was approachable and answered any questions.

Just remember that everyone has there own opinion about nursing courses just because they weren't expecting to work long hours shifts or Nightshift and weekends when they were use to doing other stuff which takes them by surprise especially early starts.
Where are you planning to go for your midwifery degree.

Hi Connie 😊😊

That's great news that you want to do midwifery next year as you'll be doing a fantastic job as a midwife.
There's nothing to be nervous about applying for midwifery as believe me you'll be fine, I have found that the younger students ( 17/18 - 24 age groups) struggle more because they are only interested in going out on the town and getting drunk and then turn up for there lectures or placement under the website which you can't do. You'll find the older people are more mature and capable of doing this degree lots better than younger ones.

I was a mature student myself when I did my midwifery degree ( started it in 2016 and qualified in 2019) and it was great.
I will be honest with you at first I couldn't cope with the placement at first because I was trying to juggle a part-time job and do three 12.5 hours shifts each week, I did eventually got everything sorted out and afterwards I didn't look back.
You have to be committed with doing the midwife degree first and foremost and then fit in any part-time job you want to do.
You'll get use to doing the long hours shifts as you do each one as you have to let your body adjust to working when you are use to doing something else especially Nightshift and weekends.
I did find the lecturer and staff at Napier Very good and was approachable and answered any questions.

Just remember that everyone has there own opinion about nursing courses just because they weren't expecting to work long hours shifts or Nightshift and weekends when they were use to doing other stuff which takes them by surprise especially early starts.
Where are you planning to go for your midwifery degree.

Hello! Thanks for getting back to me, I didn't have notifications on for the app so I didn't realised you'd replied already sorry. This is my second year out of school and I've just been working since I left, I'm currently used to working 11 hour shifts at my job with 30 minute breaks so 12.5 shouldn't be a huge shock to the system tbh. I'm hoping to study in Scotland just to avoid tuition fees, so either Edinburgh Napier, Robert Gordon, or UWS, I also live in Paisley so I'm dithering on whether or not it's wise to move away or live at home and save up some money.
Reply 32
Original post by conniemcld
Hello! Thanks for getting back to me, I didn't have notifications on for the app so I didn't realised you'd replied already sorry. This is my second year out of school and I've just been working since I left, I'm currently used to working 11 hour shifts at my job with 30 minute breaks so 12.5 shouldn't be a huge shock to the system tbh. I'm hoping to study in Scotland just to avoid tuition fees, so either Edinburgh Napier, Robert Gordon, or UWS, I also live in Paisley so I'm dithering on whether or not it's wise to move away or live at home and save up some money.

Hi Connie 😊

You are welcome for the reply.

That's good that you'll not have any issues working the long shifts hours but hopefully you'll get use to working various shifts pattern ( Nightshift and weekends) but you'll be fine with doing this.
I was similar with working most days 12 hours ( when supposingly only meant to do 9 hours +1 hour break ). So it didn't faze me at all doing those 12.5 hours.

You ideally want uws if you are living in Paisley as you will know most of the local hospitals within greater Glasgow and Clyde health board, I'm from South side of Glasgow but did my degree at Napier as at the time didn't rate uws but they have come a long way since. I actually flat shared in Edinburgh because of the starting time for placements would have been the problem getting to them for a 7.15am start by train plus double train fares because of traveling before cheap rates applied and similar for Nightshift having to pay double train fares and the bus was about £8 return but remember that you still have to get from Waverley station and catch a bus to Edinburgh royal infirmary or getting train to Livingston for St John's hospital. University studies was probably ok but still have double train fares before cheap rates started at 9.15.

So still try to save money up although you'll get the bursary.

I would advise you to apply for all three universities and then see what one you get a offer for as just don't depend on getting into uws as competition is high for the limited places available at each university. You could take a chance just for uws but you might not get it so probably best to do all three universities.
Joining the thread for prospective Edinburgh Napier University applicants for 2023, individuals can connect and share insights about their desired courses and current studies. Icebreaker questions facilitate introductions, fostering a supportive community. Encouraging collaboration and camaraderie, this platform offers a space for mutual encouragement and information exchange. Good luck to all applicants!

Quick Reply

Latest