The Student Room Group

Biology VS Geography

So I just recently attended a study club that used to be a school program for selected brilliant students to be guided and given classes for national and international olympiads preparation but now it's an extracurricular so everyone is welcomed. I decided to join geography bc I find it interesting and it combines multiple sciences subjects with social subjects. But in the future I'm planning to enroll in biology major. What do u think??
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by livingcorpse
So I just recently attended a study club that used to be a school program for selected brilliant students to be guided and given classes for national and international olympiads preparation but now it's an extracurricular so everyone is welcomed. I decided to join geography bc I find it interesting and it combines multiple sciences subjects with social subjects. But in the future I'm planning to enroll in biology major. What do u think??

I do both biology and geography and I am hoping to study biology at uni. There is quite a lot of crossover between physical geography and biology which is helpful. And in terms of UK uni applications, geography often counts as a second science A-level which is quite useful as well. I hope this helps :smile:.
Reply 2
So initially I picked geo bc I thought it's much easier than biology and there's higher chance on representing school on competitions bc there are not many students taking the class. I'd like to take both classes too if I'm allowed. I just can't stop thinking about it bc I'm afraid that biology is not an easy subject and taking the class would help prepare uni entrance a lot but I took other subject instead bc for this time my focus is being active participating in competition. Can I know how much part of biology comprises geo? I'm a hs freshman btw, thanks for the reply!
Original post by livingcorpse
So initially I picked geo bc I thought it's much easier than biology and there's higher chance on representing school on competitions bc there are not many students taking the class. I'd like to take both classes too if I'm allowed. I just can't stop thinking about it bc I'm afraid that biology is not an easy subject and taking the class would help prepare uni entrance a lot but I took other subject instead bc for this time my focus is being active participating in competition. Can I know how much part of biology comprises geo? I'm a hs freshman btw, thanks for the reply!

I'm only really familiar with the English education system, so I'm not sure I can help - I'll move it to a more relevant thread :smile:
Moved to International Qualifications :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Moved to International Qualifications :smile:

Thanks a bunch!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending