The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Official University of Lincoln 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

International student applied for postgraduate course. Just pray they reply fast so as to pay initial deposit. Do you know their deposit deadline?
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by T.damsel
International student applied for postgraduate course. Just pray they reply fast so as to pay initial deposit. Do you know their deposit deadline?

Unfortunately no. Wish you the best of luck and hope you enjoy Lincoln though!
Thanks🤗
Hope you get an offer soon, I just got an unconditional offer for Law
Original post by liv_emily_05
Yeah, my application went off on Friday, have you sent yours?
I got a conditional offer. A bit gutted as I know they give a lot of unconditionals out.
Original post by liv_emily_05
Hope you get an offer soon, I just got an unconditional offer for Law
Hi guys! My name’s Ali, nice to meet you all!

I’m applying for Chemistry with Drug Design and Development! I’m excited and nervous ofc to see what response I get, but my teachers recommended me applying to Lincoln Chemistry since the Head of Chemistry there taught one of my teachers and apparently he’s an excellent teacher and course tutor. The chemistry department there is highly recommended which makes me excited for potentially doing a course there (hopefully!)

Also the vibe of the uni is wonderful too :wink:

Sent my application today - wish me luck and gl to everyone else too!
I’ve applied for the same course and received an unconditional offer the other day.
Where else did you apply and what course?
Original post by ali_1564

I’m applying for Chemistry with Drug Design and Development! I’m excited and nervous ofc to see what response I get, but my teachers recommended me applying to Lincoln Chemistry since the Head of Chemistry there taught one of my teachers and apparently he’s an excellent teacher and course tutor. The chemistry department there is highly recommended which makes me excited for potentially doing a course there (hopefully!)

Original post by aj_11_04
I’ve applied for the same course and received an unconditional offer the other day.
Where else did you apply and what course?

Ah that’s amazing - congrats! So I applied for pharmaceutical chemistry at Reading, medicinal chemistry at Leicester, chemistry with biological and medicinal chemistry at Sheffield and then I applied to Lincoln. Didn’t really have a 5th option since I didn’t vibe with other universities (I considered medicinal chemistry at Liverpool, but what people have said about the course didn’t make it sound like a good place).

Where did you apply?
Ah that’s amazing - congrats! So I applied for pharmaceutical chemistry at Reading, medicinal chemistry at Leicester, chemistry with biological and medicinal chemistry at Sheffield and then I applied to Lincoln. Didn’t really have a 5th option since I didn’t vibe with other universities (I considered medicinal chemistry at Liverpool, but what people have said about the course didn’t make it sound like a good place).

Where did you apply?

Good luck!
Here’s where i applied
York, chemistry, biological and medicinal chemistry with a year in industry - offer
Liverpool, medicinal chemistry with pharmacology - offer
Leeds, medicinal chemistry with a year in industry- offer
Warwick, chemistry with medicinal chemistry - waiting for an offer
And Lincoln.
Original post by aj_11_04
Good luck!
Here’s where i applied
York, chemistry, biological and medicinal chemistry with a year in industry - offer
Liverpool, medicinal chemistry with pharmacology - offer
Leeds, medicinal chemistry with a year in industry- offer
Warwick, chemistry with medicinal chemistry - waiting for an offer
And Lincoln.

Rlly cool unis! Which one do you think is going to be your first choice and which will be your insurance?
Rlly cool unis! Which one do you think is going to be your first choice and which will be your insurance?

York is going to be my first choice as i went last week and really like the campus and everything, not too sure about insurance choice yet, possibly Lincoln if my one of my friends decides to go there as she also got unconditional for chemistry.
ive got an unconditional for law too!! do you think you’ll pick lincoln?!

Hi ali_1564,

This is great that you have applied to lincoln, as a third year biomedical science student I would definietly say Lincoln is great. I have had a few friends do chemistry and chemistry with drug discovery who all found it to be challenging but super interesting in their experience and they commented on the hands on knowledge they got at lincoln which is great.

As for our lecturers, there is a lot of interdisciplinary teaching so I have met some of the chemistry lecturers who were lovely and really helpful. As someone who struggled with chemistry before I came to uni (I'm more of a biology person personally) I found that there was so much help and support and actually found that more chemistry based modules became my strong suit at uni!

Well done everyone who has applied and got offers! I hope you enjoy lincoln as much as I have. If you have have any questions or want any advice please feel free to email the uni or use unibuddy on the website to speak to one of us (students) about lincoln, courses and just general student life:smile:

Harriet
3rd year Biomedical Science
- What course are you applying for?
MGeog in Human Geography
- What are you most excited about?
Seeing what the offers are, and such
- Is there anything you are nervous about?
Finance is a bit of an iffy one with the rates from different acoms
Reply 34
Hi, I got an unconditional here to law for business undergrad and I have to say this was the best uni I've visited so far in terms of open says. I'm excited to attend especially considering it was my top choice, the city looks and feels great and I can't wait to make the move there - wish everyone luck with offers 🙌🙌
Original post by Deccyboy
- What course are you applying for?
MGeog in Human Geography
- What are you most excited about?
Seeing what the offers are, and such
- Is there anything you are nervous about?
Finance is a bit of an iffy one with the rates from different acoms

Hiya,

I am glad to see you are mostly excited about coming to university. I just wanted to offer my advice and reassurance on the finance front of university. I know this can be a really daunting thing for people coming to uni and I know I was personally terrified that I couldn't afford things.

My first piece of advice would be to pick an accomodation that fits the budget your expecting to get - I personally have gone for the cheapest accomm throughout my entire time at uni and while it may not be as "boogie" as some of the other ones, I have never had any issues, people have always been great and I have never felt like I was missing out.

Secondly, part-time jobs can be a great opportunity to help you financially and also help with meeting more people. I also personally think employers love to see it at the end of your degree because it shows prioritisation and time management skills. At lincoln the uni employs students for all sorts of things and you may recieve great benefits with the employment as well which is super helpful, plus there is a city full of jobs for students who are used to us looking through out our degrees

Finally, when you have decided on your accomodation try and get in touch with your new flat mates and don't all buy everything, you definietly dont need 6 frying pans in one flat so maybe you could spread the cost like that. I also share bills for groceries and household stuff with my flat mate so that we don't have to pay for double the cleaning products, shower products etc. as well as food which has significantly reduced food waste in our house which is a bonus.

I hope some of this helps, if you need any more advice feel free to go to the lincoln website and message on unibuddy

Harriet
3rd year biomedical science
How long has it taken for you all to receive an offer? I have currently been waiting over a month, and was getting slightly confused, as people I have spoken to got a response in 2-3 weeks.
Original post by cornish.m
How long has it taken for you all to receive an offer? I have currently been waiting over a month, and was getting slightly confused, as people I have spoken to got a response in 2-3 weeks.

Hi @cornish.m,

I would recommend contacting the Admissions team regarding this, as they will be able to advise further on this. They can be contacted on [email protected] or 01522 886097.

I hope this helps. :smile:

Thanks,
Olivia
Hie,

Has anyone who applied for the MPHARM course or pharmacy with Science foundation year had any response since the welcome email....
(edited 1 year ago)
Does Lincoln give out any unconditional offers for the MPharm?

Quick Reply

Latest