The Student Room Group

three quarter head of highlights

hi
has anyone ever had a three quarter head of highlights?
Yes.
Almost ruined my hair quality but looked very good for 5 weeks.
Original post by londonmyst
Yes.
Almost ruined my hair quality but looked very good for 5 weeks.

Hi
did u ask specifically for 3/4? as i asked some salons and they said they dont do it but i found one who will
i'm not usre about if i should go with 1/2 head or 3/4. do you think 3/4 is a lot more damaging than half?
Original post by stickylikehoney
Hi
did u ask specifically for 3/4? as i asked some salons and they said they dont do it but i found one who will
i'm not usre about if i should go with 1/2 head or 3/4. do you think 3/4 is a lot more damaging than half?

No, I didn't ask.
The stylist recommended, probably to charge a much higher fee because my hair is below waist length and quite dark.
Took nearly 5 hrs.

I think that 3/4 is a lot more damaging to hair and should be avoided at all costs.
Trust your gut instinct and pay on credit card where the cost is over £100.
Paying extra for a very experienced stylist does significantly reduce the risk of errors and accidental oversights due to inexperience but does not guarantee that you will be happy with how the highlights look on you.
No, I didn't ask.
The stylist recommended, probably to charge a much higher fee because my hair is below waist length and quite dark.
Took nearly 5 hrs.

I think that 3/4 is a lot more damaging to hair and should be avoided at all costs.
Trust your gut instinct and pay on credit card where the cost is over £100.
Paying extra for a very experienced stylist does significantly reduce the risk of errors and accidental oversights due to inexperience but does not guarantee that you will be happy with how the highlights look on you.

Yeah
the stylist recommend half head for me but they can said i can do 3/4 if i want
I have black hair and wanna either get a 3/4 head or half head of caramel
what colour did u go
yeah if its really damaging maybe i should stick to half or not bother even!
how did your hair get damaged? its unnatural to bleach hair really isn't it. Black hair isnt meant to be corrupted with bleach people should stick to natural hair generally!
I've moved your thread to a more relevant section
Yeah
the stylist recommend half head for me but they can said i can do 3/4 if i want
I have black hair and wanna either get a 3/4 head or half head of caramel
what colour did u go
yeah if its really damaging maybe i should stick to half or not bother even!
how did your hair get damaged? its unnatural to bleach hair really isn't it. Black hair isnt meant to be corrupted with bleach people should stick to natural hair generally!

I had golden blonde highlights.
The stylist probably used too many very harsh chemicals, a few unnecessary products and excessive heat for too long.
The stylist probably used too many very harsh chemicals, a few unnecessary products and excessive heat for too long.

the hairdresser said to me they use good products so it won't damage but they said they thought half head would look better than 3/4 in their opinion?
the hairdresser said to me they use good products so it won't damage but they said they thought half head would look better than 3/4 in their opinion?

Trust your gut instinct and look at photos of previous customers that have got the half head compared with 3/4 highlights.
Then picture which one is likely to look the best on you.
Trust your gut instinct and look at photos of previous customers that have got the half head compared with 3/4 highlights.
Then picture which one is likely to look the best on you.

I don't think anyone got 3/4 before, it was just be who requested
if you are saying u found it damaging maybe i should do half!
I don't think anyone got 3/4 before, it was just be who requested
if you are saying u found it damaging maybe i should do half!

I don't recommend that anyone with darker hair goes to 3/4, too much risk of severe damage.
I don't recommend that anyone with darker hair goes to 3/4, too much risk of severe damage.

I also wasn't keen because if you think about it 3/4 isn't something most salons do anyway I just asked her if she would do it. So they haven't taught stylists how to 3/4 foils

How about if i ask for between 1/2 and 3/4?
How about if i ask for between 1/2 and 3/4?

Probably best to stick to 1/2 for now and if you like how it looks & feels, get 3/4 done next year.
Probably best to stick to 1/2 for now and if you like how it looks & feels, get 3/4 done next year.

I've had it done before! I secretly wanted a bit more
I've had it done before! I secretly wanted a bit more

If you like how it looks and want to go 3/4, go with your gut instinct.
But be sure to pay on a credit card so if anything goes wrong, you'll be able to get your money back.
If you like how it looks and want to go 3/4, go with your gut instinct.
But be sure to pay on a credit card so if anything goes wrong, you'll be able to get your money back.

but will 3/4 be very damaging if i do it every summer? the hairdresser said 1/2 is better in their opinion
what do u think of going between 1/2 and 3/4?
but will 3/4 be very damaging if i do it every summer? the hairdresser said 1/2 is better in their opinion
what do u think of going between 1/2 and 3/4?

Once a year should be okay.
It's more a question of how your hair will feel and look between 3 days to 4 months after the highlights.
If you have any doubts, stick with 1/2 and buy a special occassions wig that looks how 3/4 most likely would.
Once a year should be okay.
It's more a question of how your hair will feel and look between 3 days to 4 months after the highlights.
If you have any doubts, stick with 1/2 and buy a special occassions wig that looks how 3/4 most likely would.

Or, i could not bother and just have natural hair. Natural hair is beautiful

do you think its damaging if i ask for say 60% or 65% highlights with bleach?
i've done 50% bleach before, didnt find it damaging in the slightest... is it damaging if i up this by 10 or 15%?

Quick Reply

Latest