The Student Room Group

What is the best way to be a really well-rounded software games developer?

Humble question.
A lot of game studios want to know your expertise and experience. Build up a portfolio that you can showcase to studios, and clients. Some will claim a degree is worthless, but consider picking up a degree in Comp Sci/Software Eng/Games Dev (one of the three, as these, share a lot of common modules in the 1st year) or doing certified courses.
Original post by Kanarii
A lot of game studios want to know your expertise and experience. Build up a portfolio that you can showcase to studios, and clients. Some will claim a degree is worthless, but consider picking up a degree in Comp Sci/Software Eng/Games Dev (one of the three, as these, share a lot of common modules in the 1st year) or doing certified courses.

How can you build up a portfolio? How can you show off your portfolio in interviews etc?
Original post by crashcody
How can you build up a portfolio? How can you show off your portfolio in interviews etc?

When I was completing a digital portfolio for my college unit, we built it from 'scratch' (tables amongst tables in Dreamweaver - horrible method!)

I noticed a lot of digital portfolios are created by people using CSS/HTML, you could do this method and publish it. There are a lot of websites out there that also offer pre-built websites too, such as Carrd, Wix, and Weebly - the basics. WordPress offers its own CSS/HTML building too, and a lot of organisations use WordPress.

If you want to show off some coding projects, maybe publish them on GitHub. I haven't really used the site itself, so I can't help much further, but I know a lot of programmers build themselves up on there.
Reply 4
Watch sebastian lague youtube game development tutorials.It is very useful,he is a genios man.
Original post by cvgk
Watch sebastian lague youtube game development tutorials.It is very useful,he is a genios man.

Thank you, I shall do this promptly.
Successful developers don't bring their egos to work—they stay humble. No matter how good you are at what you do, you're not always going to be ..
Original post by blottedscience
Humble question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending