The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Changing Degrees (Uni of Notts)

I am currently studying History at Nottingham and am not as interested as I thought I would be. I’m more interested in topics that relate to modern day politics, but a lot of it bores me. Following the recent US election during reading week has made me realise how much more im interested in politics than history (though they are of course linked).

I got in through clearing (though I hadn’t applied to uni before as I was going to take a gap year). I got BBB in my A Levels and got into history as they had reduced grades (typically is AAB). Politics is also AAB, is there anyway I could change degrees without redoing my A Levels or going to a worse uni? Would I be able to change at the end of the year if I do well? They only seek to offer foundation years for the Arts and politics is a Social Science.

Any advice would help.
Original post by lusablack
I am currently studying History at Nottingham and am not as interested as I thought I would be. I’m more interested in topics that relate to modern day politics, but a lot of it bores me. Following the recent US election during reading week has made me realise how much more im interested in politics than history (though they are of course linked).

I got in through clearing (though I hadn’t applied to uni before as I was going to take a gap year). I got BBB in my A Levels and got into history as they had reduced grades (typically is AAB). Politics is also AAB, is there anyway I could change degrees without redoing my A Levels or going to a worse uni? Would I be able to change at the end of the year if I do well? They only seek to offer foundation years for the Arts and politics is a Social Science.

Any advice would help.

Ask the politics department whether you can transfer.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by lusablack

Any advice would help.

How did it go for you, were you able to get into the politics course in the end? I'm in a similar position but I'm waiting to see if there's any places left for politics as I got told I may have to wait a year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending