The Student Room Group

A-level Sociology Study Group 2022-2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I’m on aqa sociology and studying family education research methods and I forgot the last one
Original post by Chris.Livesey
In terms of structure, the information tells you to think about two 10-mark sections:

[justify]1. How we define religious belief and practice.[/justify]
The information suggests two ways:
Immanent - religion is about a belief in God etc.
Functional - religion is about functions it performs for the individual and society.

2. How to measure religious beliefs and practices
Again, information suggests two ideas to consider:
How do we measure individual beliefs?
How do we measure different religious practices (e.g. praying alone or praying in Church).

For each section start by writing a paragraph on each of the two ideas.
Write a concluding paragraph for each of the two sections.

This should mean you’ve written enough to cover 20 marks.
If you don’t think you’ve done enough revisit each section and see where you can add further ideas / information.

This is really helpful, thank you so much!
Original post by mnndcbhehegd
This is really helpful, thank you so much!

You're welcome.
Got A-Level Sociology exams this summer and am finding Media hard to study and revise before. Any tips from anyone about how to write answers and integrate the theories.
Original post by Bella.3
I have no teacher for sociology 💔 and I have to teach myself the whole a level
I am really struggling with theories, beliefs and crime. Does anyone have any tips at ALL!!
my offer is really high, I need an A - I am desperately for any help

I am going through the same experience
Original post by User1234560uk
I am going through the same experience

I saw this, and I would definitely say there are a couple things you can use for crime. I actually found for theories and methods a website which has a basic understanding of theories and methods which I will vouch for. It’s theories and methods by the sociology guy, and it has little snippets of, theories and methods that has a basic understanding, I would also strongly recommend for sociology a book called chavs Owen Jones I have started reading this and I used it in my social action theory for theories and methods and it got me an a star because I used other terminology. Not just what you learn if you google online, you can also find a website, which I will link below on another comment, which summarises any video you have so as long as the video has a transcription to it, it will summarise it. You will have to go in incognito mode when it stops letting you do it. If you go on incognito mode you can then use it again and then you just have to keep repeating that. Https://www.summarize.tech
That’s the link for the video summariser and I would honestly say it’s the best thing I’ve ever used in my entire life because sometimes videos way too long and it can work for any YouTube video. All you need to do is just copy and paste the YouTube video link into the bar and it will give you a summary it gives you a little summary and then if you click below, it gives you a bigger summary as well. Another one to use is revised social ology which helps or the sociology teacher is also an amazing one to use because it has everything for education, family, research, methods, crime, deviance, media and theory and methods and it has everything in a nutshell and then it goes into more detail, but it’s a slight summary and then you can look more into it in more detail. I would also definitely search up Notes for crime deviance notes for religion. I personally for my subject to do media Crimeans families and education, but you can do it for there is a website. I cannot remember the name of the top of my head, but if you use it you just need to search up, for example, crime, deviance Social action theory notes and it will come up with notes that people have made them posted, which will help you a lot. I think the website is called studocu. If you search up what notes you after and it comes up with that website, click it sometimes you have to pay but sometimes you don’t and if you don’t have to pay I would honestly recommend getting either printing off or making it into your own notes, because it’s the way of taking notes when you don’t have a teacher if you have any questions Then I can have a look and see if I’ve got anything else what I will do is keep an ear out and I’m currently doing research methods at the minute and then I’m completely finished with all of my notes, so I would also definitely recommend using a computer for your notes because it’s so much easier to take your notes and you will never have to worry about losing a copy because it’s in one place I use a computer for mine and it’s honestly the best thing I can use because I can copy and paste snippets from different places I find for my notes
Original post by rwnsl
For those who inevitably look here next year:
If you pop me a PM, I'm happy to provide any notes/essay examples/tips for next year's exam cohort! I received straight A*s all throughout the 2 years (with all but around 2 essays being full marks), and just received an A* in my A Level! I received 234/240 marks, with an A* being 185 marks this year. I'm lucky that despite having gone to a not-great college I had a super supportive teacher who provided great resources, and I still have all of my notes and essays from throughout my A Levels, as well as my exam scripts from this year.
I'd love to give back to the community, as I no longer need my notes myself!
(As a heads up - my optional topics were Families and Beliefs, and I did AQA!)

Hey I just wanted to say congrats and i would like to ask you if you still have any of your essays on Famillies and Households mainly 20 markers, any tips and maybe structure you used that helped you hit top marks.Thank you lovely!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending