The Student Room Group

Will you be revising over Christmas?

Poll

Will you be revising over Christmas?

It's the most wonderful time of the year :yeah:

However, although Christmas is just round the corner that doesn't mean the work necessarily stops. With GCSE's and A-level exams getting ever closer, different students take different approaches to the winter break.

For some it's books down and mince pies up, but for others it's a great time to start getting their head into revision mode for the tough few months that lie ahead.

So I wanted to know what TSR's plans are this Christmas.

Are you team work? Team Chill? Or Somewhere In-Between?

( No this thread isn't just me trying to make myself feel better as I stop working ASAP :lol: )

Scroll to see replies

Tagging in my fellow Revision and Study Help forum posters :smile:

R&SH

Original post by Evil Homer

However, although Christmas is just round the corner that doesn't mean the work necessarily stops. With GCSE's and A-level exams getting ever closer, different students take different approaches to the winter break.

For some it's books down and mince pies up, but for others it's a great time to start getting their head into revision mode for the tough few months that lie ahead.

( No this thread isn't just me trying to make myself feel better as I stop working ASAP :lol: )

nah im revising 100% but like not too much
Reply 3
Nope I'm going on holiday!
Original post by Idk131
Nope I'm going on holiday!

Oh, nice! Where are you off to? :biggrin:
i have year 12 exams after christmas so i better start revising

I’m planning to do revision for Yr 13 content I’ve completed this year and some interview prep. But then again I might just binge ‘His Dark Materials’ :tongue:
I had a load of coursework and assessments due before Christmas so I'm reaaaaalllly behind in lectures which I didn't have assignments due for (assignments for those were submitted quite a while ago, so they've kinda taken a back seat).

I think they can definitely be caught up on before I hopefully go home for Christmas though :yep:

But for once no January exams apart from one at the end of February :biggrin:

Can't wait to spend some time gaming and watching a load of Christmassy films :thumbsup:
(edited 1 year ago)
I am exam free this academic year so no :smile:

Although I am working over the Christmas period :tongue:
I have exams right after Christmas so there goes my holiday! :redface: I'll be studying (read: screaming) about the insane amount of syllabus I have throughout :cry:
I'll do my flashcards when I feel like it but that's probably it. I'm super burned out and tired even though I did all the things to prevent burnout, and I think I just really need a break more than anything.
Original post by zeasea
I'll do my flashcards when I feel like it but that's probably it. I'm super burned out and tired even though I did all the things to prevent burnout, and I think I just really need a break more than anything.

It's so important to look after yourself and it's easily the best thing you could do for your productivity long term as well! You deserve your break :biggrin:
My exams finish on the 16th and then home on the 17th for 4 weeks. No revision planned as no details yet on 2nd semester work. Looking forward to catching up with pals, doing very little and recharging ready for the next onslaught of work.
yeah I've got coursework due. and an exam in January. I barely understand any of the content so need to catch up too!

imma stay consistent with revision work hard now and chill later knowing I put in 100%
I've got a 4000 word essay to write by the 11th of January on the topic of desistence and recidivism so yeah.

Revising for Exams, and working on my Final Year Project.

What's this "Christmas Holiday" thing ?

For me its grant prep, planning meeting with a funding organisation who want to extend a project, short conference (yes, does include mince pies in the poster session), a little bit of quality UG free lab time with the PhD students, UG lecture prep for the new year and a bit of ad hoc Masters project supervision for the keen ones who stick around after term ends. Possibly some "politics" for the next round of CDT bids as research council "demand management" results in some serious cut throat action to see who gets to bid. Oh, and emails, lots and lots of emails.

Turkey may get eaten at some point, but the life academic is "complicated", even if there are no undergrads about.
Original post by ROTL94 3
..... and recidivism ....

Is there a practical :smile:.
Reply 19
I have a lot of catching up to do in terms of making notes and EPQ, so it will be quite a bit of work. 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending