The Student Room Group

exam revision university

I only have 4 1/2 weeks left till my exams. I have not started revising yet but i have kept up to date with all my lectures. I have had too much coursework hence I don't have much time to revise. Is 4 1/2 weeks enough to revise for 4 uni exams. I am final year btw. I am really worried . Any tips on how much I should revise per day?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I only have 4 1/2 weeks left till my exams. I have not started revising yet but i have kept up to date with all my lectures. I have had too much coursework hence I don't have much time to revise. Is 4 1/2 weeks enough to revise for 4 uni exams. I am final year btw. I am really worried . Any tips on how much I should revise per day?

Hi,

Good luck with your exams and its best to start when you can, as you say you have had lots of coursework so have nit had time.

Its great that you kept up with the lectures. As to how much you should revise I cant really give an exact number but depending on how you are assessed will depend on your revision technique.

For example, if it is essay based I would go through each lecture and highlight the main theories and arguments that have been made in the topic maybe trying to remember some key names to help.

If it is MCQ I would try make note of important facts and make sure to understand the concepts so you can answer questions on it.

I hope this helps and wish you all the best!

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Anon,

Well done for keeping up with all your lectures (!) that should hopefully make revision easier : )

The holidays are coming, so you will have more time to revise, but do make sure that you choose some of that time to just rest (take a few days off!) It sounds like it has been a busy term with all the coursework and you definitely need to approach revision feeling as refreshed as possible!

Make a revision plan and try and target the areas which you feel weakest on and which may come up. Go over the core stuff and refresh your memory on the stuff you know well, but don't keep going over stuff you already know. Go over the stuff which is more tricky or difficult and what you really don't want to see come up in the exams, but could.

If your exams are split up e.g. one exam and then another in three days' time and then another the following week etc...try to plan accordingly i.e. remembering that if you are struggling with a topic, that you will have an extra day or two closer to the time when you can go over the material again.

In answer to your question, do as much as you can that is useful e.g. if you are falling asleep while revising, take a break, do something different and try and get in some more hours later or take the day off (if it's been a long day/a non-productive day!). Then set your alarm for the next day and plan to do some in the morning and some in the afternoon. In the evening you might also like to do some, but not to the extent that you stay up too late, can't get up early the next day and then lose most of the day because you're too tired. In other words, have a time when you stop revising for the day. A time when you can just switch off and relax.

All the best!

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
Reply 3
Original post by University of Huddersfield
Anon,

Well done for keeping up with all your lectures (!) that should hopefully make revision easier : )

The holidays are coming, so you will have more time to revise, but do make sure that you choose some of that time to just rest (take a few days off!) It sounds like it has been a busy term with all the coursework and you definitely need to approach revision feeling as refreshed as possible!

Make a revision plan and try and target the areas which you feel weakest on and which may come up. Go over the core stuff and refresh your memory on the stuff you know well, but don't keep going over stuff you already know. Go over the stuff which is more tricky or difficult and what you really don't want to see come up in the exams, but could.

If your exams are split up e.g. one exam and then another in three days' time and then another the following week etc...try to plan accordingly i.e. remembering that if you are struggling with a topic, that you will have an extra day or two closer to the time when you can go over the material again.

In answer to your question, do as much as you can that is useful e.g. if you are falling asleep while revising, take a break, do something different and try and get in some more hours later or take the day off (if it's been a long day/a non-productive day!). Then set your alarm for the next day and plan to do some in the morning and some in the afternoon. In the evening you might also like to do some, but not to the extent that you stay up too late, can't get up early the next day and then lose most of the day because you're too tired. In other words, have a time when you stop revising for the day. A time when you can just switch off and relax.

All the best!

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield

Thank you so much for this. I really needed this boost. Final year has been tough. I'm planning on doing a lot over Christmas as I need to make sure I cover everything in depth.
Thank you so much for this. I really needed this boost. Final year has been tough. I'm planning on doing a lot over Christmas as I need to make sure I cover everything in depth.

what subject xx
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #2
what subject xx

I currently study accounting and finance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending