The Student Room Group

Revision for A Level maths.

What is the best method to revise for A level maths?
Personally, I feel that exam questions are vital for maths since maths is mainly about step-by-step processes, and doing exam questions allows you to practice and apply those processes
Reply 2
Original post by serterweryerper
Personally, I feel that exam questions are vital for maths since maths is mainly about step-by-step processes, and doing exam questions allows you to practice and apply those processes

Thanks for the reply,
I figured that answering exam questions would be the best method, I’ve been doing a little revision recently but I’m going to start revising during the Christmas break. Do you think I’ve left my revision too late?
Reply 3
Original post by Arthurk2
Thanks for the reply,
I figured that answering exam questions would be the best method, I’ve been doing a little revision recently but I’m going to start revising during the Christmas break. Do you think I’ve left my revision too late?

In my opinion, nah, but you can never be too early. I was always a crammer and never really liked revising long term so I ended up doing a whole lot of mocks and practice questions in the weeks before the exams. Would not recommend! You'll definitely be more than fine if you start at christmas
Original post by Arthurk2
Thanks for the reply,

Hiya,

I'm a 3rd year astrophysics and cosmology student at Lancaster Uni and also did maths at A-Level.

First of all, no you haven't left revion too late! It's great you've started and you have recognised it's something you need to put time into so now that you have the ball rolling with revision, I would suggest making a list of all the topics you want to revise and allocating them sufficent time for each one, whether that includes going over some content or doing practice questions, it all varies topic to topic.

What I found works great for maths revision is definitely doing pratice questions / papers but once you feel compfortable, do them under timed conditions or find questions from other exam boards that are harder or seem like more of a challenge for you (I used physics and maths tutor to find quite a lot of practice questions: https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/maths-revision/). If you are able to, try asking your teachers after the Christmas break for practice questions for particulare topics, as they have access to so much content and would be more than happy to pass it onto students for practice.

I hope this all helps and wishing you all the best for your A-Levels!
If you have any more queries, feel free to ask.
-- Arya (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest