The Student Room Group

Will you be revising over Christmas?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Evil Homer
It's the most wonderful time of the year :yeah:

However, although Christmas is just round the corner that doesn't mean the work necessarily stops. With GCSE's and A-level exams getting ever closer, different students take different approaches to the winter break.

For some it's books down and mince pies up, but for others it's a great time to start getting their head into revision mode for the tough few months that lie ahead.

So I wanted to know what TSR's plans are this Christmas.

Are you team work? Team Chill? Or Somewhere In-Between?

( No this thread isn't just me trying to make myself feel better as I stop working ASAP :lol: )

I did not do any revision parse through the Christmas break. I believe in consistently checking understanding and depths of knowledge is something to be done throughout the year. Everyone is different but I find that speed can be achieved through doing this, don't want to be learning as if I done for the first time. I also think it helpful to keep hold of GCSE books or order them in, in the subjects one is doing A/S A levels in. I have noted here students in their final year asking question at A level that are GCSE. This suggest to me that they got through their GCSE's with" A*", "A","B" or whatever else they got "C" through mostly memorisation as oppose to understanding. Practicing application in Science is key perhaps answering core topics in other syllabus exam papers.Why do this because if there is a slight change of style it won't throw one. Also knowing what a standard "A*" essay is.in the Arts and Social Sciences. I would look a moderators reports if your teacher has not shown you. I enjoyed and learn a lot from trying to assist student answering question here.However it was very time consuming and I sense that fellow students had not looked at their syllabus. August 2023 I start looking at A level exam papers. I've gone to Youtube and started watching A level further mathematics. I not quite sure how 11, 13 year old find it easy peasy but they do! I think it comes to building up incrementally and a lot of practice you don't see them struggling just the end product the A* and the bright smiling faces. It taken them the same amount of time as everyone else the older students that is one to three years which is interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending