The Student Room Group

College vs University, which did people like most?

As per above.

I did some college courses efore BTEC and it messed up my thinking.

Thankfully I went to Umiversity and got BA and alumni pass.

Which did you enjoy most?

I found before Uni I was in urgent need of friends so bad and kept throwing others aside who I wasn't comfortable with and getting out of Town really did it.
I suppose I preferred college. I got to live at home, plus I was around other working class people.

My college, unlike my Uni, was extremely multi-cultural also. Which, being a Londoner, I was more used to to be honest. I assumed my Uni would have been multi-cultural but it was mainly upper/middle class Caucasians in my class, from the midlands

Also the workload at my Uni was INSANE! But I did meet more nerds at my Uni. Being undiagnosed Aspergers I needed that. So that was one thing I was definetly grateful for. I'm glad I did both, looking back

The staff at my Uni were lovely. Apart from the prick in the IT room
I mean college was nice because I got invited to drinks with the teachers once it was done, but on the whole I preferred university.
hard to say. so far, both have been **** in their own ways
Reply 4
Once I got my 2 year btec, just had to keep going.

Felt alone and down at Uni fending for myself but managed to achieve some awards with the Student Union.

Graduating made me greatful for where I was. Strangely I still wish I was back at Uni at times and that I could have done many more opportunities and found other meaning sooner. Head was so messed up then.
Moved to Educational Debate. Please refer to this post for posting information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending