The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

The history department is really cute :smile: Sorry from what i can remember it was pretty central to the campus so all you would be ok for any halls!

I liked Nightingale Halls (huge rooms and a lift! reminded my of a hotel actually) and Florence Boot.

But i can only tell you this as an outsider as am applying for 2005 entry :P How going to the history open day on the 16th Feb? If so will see you there, were getting a tour of the accomodation then so you will be able to make the your own opinions :P
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
You don't actually get to pick your hall, but Willoughby, Ancaster, Cavendish and Florence Boot are all pretty close, and apart from maybe Cripps/Hugh Stew/Lenton/Lincoln, I don't think any of them are miles away. Saying that, you might not even have many lectures in the history building- I do politics and I have more lectures in maths and physics than I do in Law and Social Sciences (fine by me, because m/p is closer to Cripps!)
Reply 3
Frances
You don't actually get to pick your hall, but Willoughby, Ancaster, Cavendish and Florence Boot are all pretty close, and apart from maybe Cripps/Hugh Stew/Lenton/Lincoln, I don't think any of them are miles away. Saying that, you might not even have many lectures in the history building- I do politics and I have more lectures in maths and physics than I do in Law and Social Sciences (fine by me, because m/p is closer to Cripps!)

Whats Cripps like? cos it looked quite nice on the webpage... and do you not get to pick? do you just apply for accomadation not a specific hall?
Reply 4
exmoorkatie
The history department is really cute :smile: Sorry from what i can remember it was pretty central to the campus so all you would be ok for any halls!

I liked Nightingale Halls (huge rooms and a lift! reminded my of a hotel actually) and Florence Boot.

But i can only tell you this as an outsider as am applying for 2005 entry :P How going to the history open day on the 16th Feb? If so will see you there, were getting a tour of the accomodation then so you will be able to make the your own opinions :P

i went to an open day, but i didn't get to see any accomadation as the actual halls didn't seem to be open, and the one we went into was completely empty and locked up...
Reply 5
izzy_hattie
Whats Cripps like? cos it looked quite nice on the webpage... and do you not get to pick? do you just apply for accomadation not a specific hall?

Cripps is pretty nice- one of the older ones, pretty, nice sized rooms.

You don't get to pick which hall you're in, but you do get to pick which campus (university park or jubilee), and two types of room (ensuite, single study, shared study, shared room, etc).

I think on the form they made you put down some self catering options as well- Broadgate Park is closest to the west entrance, and therefore the history department, so that's a good one to choose.

Get your form in as soon as you can as well- they don't allocate rooms until after exam results, but they do it in the order they received the form.
Reply 6
Gah! I really hope I get Hugh Stewart or Rutland en-suite! I don't want to have to share a bathroom!!!
Reply 7
hey does anyone know about halls around jubilee campus... as i am hoping to do comp sci here in sept
Reply 8
v130387
hey does anyone know about halls around jubilee campus... as i am hoping to do comp sci here in sept

All the halls on Jubilee campus are the same. There're only two halls for undergrad anyway and they are both catred halls. The halls are pretty new and they're en-suite. Both of them are close to the department, so you'll be fine. But if you want to go for self-catred halls then I suggest raleigh park would be the closet. also close to the city ceter and around 10 mins walk to the department.
Reply 9
izzy_hattie
Sorry if this thread has been posted before, but can anyone tell me which is thought to be the best hall in the University Park Campus, and also, which Hall is nearest to the history buildings?
Thanks

I thought you can only choose to be on the main campus but you can't specify the hall, but I heard Cripps has the largest rooms among all.
Reply 10
Fa|ique
Gah! I really hope I get Hugh Stewart or Rutland en-suite! I don't want to have to share a bathroom!!!

i want en-suite aswell!! what are you applying for?
edit- just read your sig! law i'm guessing!
Reply 11
Yeah, am doing Law... Just replied and made my firm offer for Nottingham Law entry 2006... Was looking at the different halls. Sigh, I can't wait to get off this damned island!
Reply 12
Fa|ique
Yeah, am doing Law... Just replied and made my firm offer for Nottingham Law entry 2006... Was looking at the different halls. Sigh, I can't wait to get off this damned island!

signapore is cool. well, i wouldn't really know, but hey, it sounds cool! i cant wait to move away from the english coast!
izzy_hattie
Sorry if this thread has been posted before, but can anyone tell me which is thought to be the best hall in the University Park Campus, and also, which Hall is nearest to the history buildings?
Thanks

is notts ur first choice.. how come u got bad rep?
Reply 14
The Messiah
is notts ur first choice.. how come u got bad rep?

yea first choice all the way. some idiot told me that i posted an (and i quote) 'ambigious thread' so she gave me a neg rep- meany... :mad:
is notts your first choice?
Reply 15
nitcha
I thought you can only choose to be on the main campus but you can't specify the hall, but I heard Cripps has the largest rooms among all.

True cripps rooms are really big, loadsa wardrobe space, you could even get a second wardrobe in. ground floor rooms have really nice full length windows.

In most halls furniture is the same, big wooden desk with drawers, comfy desk chair, easy chair, bed, and dedside cabinet, wardrobe and we have sinks that are hidden in what looks like another wardrobe! .

Hu Stu is a bit over rated as a hall, the pics look nice on the 360 site but on the site you see the bar, dining room and library part of the quad. Most of the accom looks really different most rooms are in more modern parts and not at all in keeping with the stlye you see. which is actually pretty grotty looking from outside, not to bad once you are in! But hu Stu do have formals every tuesday so if thats you thing....

Cripps i sthe only hall to have a mini gym, it does the job but is not that luxury compared to the main uni gym, tho cant complain cus its only £20 a year to use it, compared to an absolute fortune for the main gym.
Ok im going to sound really dense here, but i think ive been fed some mis-information somewhere along the line!

I was under the impression that you could put down 2 preferences of halls... but there would be no guarentees? Are all the halls catered? I was told they were... but now im not so sure! Whats with all the seperate campus' things? At the open day i was only on one campus? are there others? Ok i think ive suceeded in sounding stupid enough... but im really confused!
Reply 17
izzy_hattie
signapore is cool. well, i wouldn't really know, but hey, it sounds cool! i cant wait to move away from the english coast!

Heh, sounds cool and being cool being two different things...
Reply 18
exmoorkatie
Ok im going to sound really dense here, but i think ive been fed some mis-information somewhere along the line!

I was under the impression that you could put down 2 preferences of halls... but there would be no guarentees? Are all the halls catered? I was told they were... but now im not so sure! Whats with all the seperate campus' things? At the open day i was only on one campus? are there others? Ok i think ive suceeded in sounding stupid enough... but im really confused!

3 PArts to nottingham uni. Uni Park campus = main campus, virtually all subjects, law, hist, most sciences, classics, music, maths, medicine. home of 12 halls of residence cripps, hu stu, lenton and wortley, lincoln, sherwood, derby, rutland, ancaster, willoughby, cavendish, nightingale, florence boot.

Sutton Bonnington campus = biosciences. think it has seperate halls - newark and southwell.

Jubilee Campus = Education, computer science and business.

Not many people on main campus are even aware that jubilee and sutton bonnington exist!! Tho i do know most ppl who are studying at Jubilee live on uni park cus the free transfer bus makes it easy to get there. Uni park is huuge jubilee is just like a big department building.
hola, ive been allocated a shared study in willoughby hall, wooop. im really excited, anyone have any more information they can give me about room sizes etc? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending