The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

warwick social life?

Hey everyone!!

I was just wondering, what is the social life at Warwick like?
I understand that Coventry /Birmingham is quite a while away, so is it quite expensive commuting there and back?
Hi most Warwick students tend to go out and live in Leamington Spa which is quite small, but buses run till 3am to and from campus but they are quite hectic especially going from campus to Leamington after an su night. Getting back late from Coventry is an uber or taxi which can be 30 quid depending on the night and time but societies and Warwick students in general tend to go out in Coventry less. For Birmingham there is the train but every so often the su do a party bus to Birmingham which drops off near asylum and leaves Birmingham at 4am. In the entire time I've been at Warwick I have never gone to Birmingham for anything but gigs and concerts, and I haven't heard of anyone going for clubbing so I wouldn't worry about the expense since most Warwick students don't go regularly (and if they do I have never met them)

To be honest it's not the most lively of unis but there is a crowd for it, just have to find the right people, picking the right accomadation really helped with this for me. If you want an active social life then I would recommend applying to rootes

If you want an active social life in terms of parties/accommodation then I would recommend applying for rootes in first year.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Quick Reply

Latest