The Student Room Group

want knowledge

Guys what is a:
1. Hospital/full ethics committee
2. Rapid case review group
3. Institutional committee
I have searched them up but it seems that I do not understand. Also if possible the difference between them.
Thank you!
Original post by MirSalam53
Guys what is a:
1. Hospital/full ethics committee
2. Rapid case review group
3. Institutional committee
I have searched them up but it seems that I do not understand. Also if possible the difference between them.
Thank you!

A hospital or full ethics committee is a group of individuals with expertise in various fields, such as medicine, law, philosophy, and theology, who meet regularly to consider ethical issues that arise in the hospital or healthcare setting. These issues might include end-of-life care, informed consent, confidentiality, and the use of experimental treatments. The committee typically has the authority to make recommendations to healthcare providers and hospital administration on how to handle ethical dilemmas.

Rapid case review group is a team that is formed quickly to review specific cases and make recommendations in a shorter time frame, often within 24-48 hours, to address an urgent ethical or clinical matter. This could be used in cases where a patient is in critical condition and a decision needs to be made quickly.

An institutional committee is a group that is formed by the administration of an institution or organization (such as a hospital, school, or government agency) to consider specific issues or to fulfill certain regulatory requirements. The composition, function and focus may varies depending on the organization, it could range from research ethics to accreditation, or even focus on specific areas such as animal welfare.

In summary, all three are committees that are formed to consider ethical or related issues. But hospital/full ethics committee is more general and ongoing, focused on ethical issues in the healthcare setting, Rapid case review group is a short term, focused on a specific urgent case, and institutional committee can be formed for specific purpose and could be in any organization.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending