The Student Room Group

PE Subject knowledge test

Hi, :smile:

I want to apply for PE PGCE secondary but I have noticed most Uni want Subject Knowledge test , my degree is for 2011, and I am worried about the test, dose any one know how I should be prepper or what kind of question they may aske?

I will be appreciated if someone help me?:smile:
Reply 1
What subject are you looking to teach? At the end of the day, the best teachers are the ones with the most secure subject knowledge. If I were you, I would get a couple of GCSE study guides for the subject you are looking to teach and read them in depth. I would also go onto the AQA, OCR and EdExcel websites for your subject and download some past papers and mark schemes. For me, there are two sides to subject knowledge. The actual subject that exists in the real world, and the sort of answers students must write to get full marks.
Reply 2
Hi Hotpud,

Thanks for your response, I have an honour degree in Physical Education and Master in Sport Physiology and science, I want to be physical education teacher but I have seen most universities have the subject knowledge test in their interview panel, I am wandering will I be asked directly as part of interview questions regarding subject knowledge or the test is paper base ?
I am really appreciate the information you have provided ,

Many thanks a Nepr🙂
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending