The Student Room Group

Structure of NEA Coursework

I am currently unsure how exactly to go about writing my NEA.
I have decent knowledge, sources, and Historians' interpretations, however I am struggling to work out where to begin in actually shaping the essay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Currently also doing mine and I’ve done like peel but with more information around the source and basic source and interpretation analysis if that help
Original post by worris
I am currently unsure how exactly to go about writing my NEA.
I have decent knowledge, sources, and Historians' interpretations, however I am struggling to work out where to begin in actually shaping the essay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi! I've just finished year 13 and only dropped 2 marks in my coursework. Not sure which exam board you are but the advice I have is pretty general. Starting the essay is really hard but I'd say just go for it. Shaping my essay was a long process. Once you actually try write it can help make it clearer how you want your structure to be. I initially wrote my intro but constantly rewrote it as my essay changed. Personally, I made a LOT of drafts. It may be helpful to make little plans of how you want to structure it. If you can, try see if you could be given an example essay. My teacher told us we couldn't but was later allowed to show us an example for a different question. I wrote my historian paras - I said their view and gave evidence etc as the basis of my essay and as I rewrote and added stuff, it began to come together. Seeing an example essay was really helpful for my structure but it isn't particularly strict. If in doubt, just start with the knowledge stuff - write those paras with interp/source/evidence/contextual knowledge. At some point it will become clearer how you want the essay to be shaped - in honesty my essay wasn't even properly shaped until like a month before I handed mine in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending