The Student Room Group

Training contract seat preferences

I am on my training contract but I keep getting allocated to seats I have absolutely no interest in, so it feels like a complete waste of time as I know I don't want to qualify into them. The seats I do want I don't get, and I only have one seat left. I feel like I'm going to get to the end and be completely stuck in an area I don't enjoy. Will I be able to move firms and qualify into a completely new area with no experience??!
Original post by cclw
I am on my training contract but I keep getting allocated to seats I have absolutely no interest in, so it feels like a complete waste of time as I know I don't want to qualify into them. The seats I do want I don't get, and I only have one seat left. I feel like I'm going to get to the end and be completely stuck in an area I don't enjoy. Will I be able to move firms and qualify into a completely new area with no experience??!

I am sorry that is your experience! It is possible to do it, but it can be quite difficult if they are very different. However, I have seen quite a few people apply for the NQ job they want and then they join that firm early in that role, qualify and then hit the ground the running. I have also seen firms not offer a seat in an area but then offer the NQ job in that area, which isn't ideal as sometimes you change your mind in a seat. How different area the seats and the areas?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending