The Student Room Group

University of Reading Or Newcastle (Law)

Hi. Im an international student coming from the middle east. Considering either Reading or Newcastle University for Law LLB. I need help assessing both choices for those who have been to either uni. Im looking for uni reputation & ranking, city safety and entertainment , city development and advancement. Bottom line will law firms look at reading uni with same weight as newcastle ?
Reply 1
Original post by Haddoos
Hi. Im an international student coming from the middle east. Considering either Reading or Newcastle University for Law LLB. I need help assessing both choices for those who have been to either uni. Im looking for uni reputation & ranking, city safety and entertainment , city development and advancement. Bottom line will law firms look at reading uni with same weight as newcastle ?

https://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/where-to-start/newsletter/law-firms-preferred-universities

This page outlines the ammount of training contracts which go to students from each uni, Newcastle takes up roughly three times as many training contracts when compared to reading (2.4% vs 0.8%), so if you want better career prospects then Newcastle is clearly the better option- although this isn't to say that you can't be successful if you choose reading. I can't help much with what each city offers however I'd assume Newcastle has a bit more to offer as it's a larger city, although it's also potentially a bit more dangerous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending