The Student Room Group

Best university for earning potential

I am going to university to increase my earning potential. I am studying a subject I enjoy the most (maths), but I would be lying if I said I was truly passionate about it. If I could make a nice earning without touching the subject again, I would, and I believe a lot of students would too. If I could find a way to do so, I would, but there are bills to pay and it is very hard starting a the bottom of the ladder.

I want money to a) Earn to give b) Retire early

I have an offer for Warwick (highly respected for my subject) and LSE (offers an applied version of my subject) and was wondering which would be better for a higher earning potential.
The "earning potential" isn't pre-defined and purely relies on what job you get out of Uni. However if it is roughly the same degree then the jobs would be the same.

Also consider though that this is 3 years of your life. You say you aren't that passionate about the subject, but outside of lectures and working you still want to enjoy as much as possible. Basing it on what may earn a few extra grand a year even though you dont like the university is just stupid.

TLDR: Don't base on money. Go for the better Uni for you since they are both great unis.
Original post by WinchesterAK
I am going to university to increase my earning potential. I am studying a subject I enjoy the most (maths), but I would be lying if I said I was truly passionate about it. If I could make a nice earning without touching the subject again, I would, and I believe a lot of students would too. If I could find a way to do so, I would, but there are bills to pay and it is very hard starting a the bottom of the ladder.

I want money to a) Earn to give b) Retire early

I have an offer for Warwick (highly respected for my subject) and LSE (offers an applied version of my subject) and was wondering which would be better for a higher earning potential.

I’m in the exact same situation as you. What course did you apply to at LSE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending