Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Official University of Surrey Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by University of Surrey
Hi there!

Welcome to the University of Surrey's accommodation thread!

Details on each accommodation and how to apply can be found here.

If you have any accommodation-related questions, feel free to ask them here and one of our students, or staff, will get back to you :smile:

Are there any accoms left?
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
I’ve been offered a Band D in MP Ernst Chain for 2023/2024. I’m looking to swap with a Band E or F on Manor Park. Please let me know if you are interested.
Original post by Serana1
Are there any accoms left?

Hey @Serana1

Please contact our Accommodation Team. They will be able to tell you if there are any rooms available.

Debora
Psychology student
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi, I've currently got a shared room at Stag Hill and I wanted to know whether my roommate will be of the opposite gender. Doesn't this go against regulations to have opposite genders in the same room?
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I haven’t found accommodation yet, but I am trying to complete my registration online.

The only section I haven’t completed is the Council Tax section. If anyone could help me, that would be appreciated - please PM me.

Thank you in advance

You managed to sort it or do you still need help? I had to email and ask so I might be of some use lmk 😅
Original post by University of Surrey
Hi there!

Welcome to the University of Surrey's accommodation thread!

Details on each accommodation and how to apply can be found here.

If you have any accommodation-related questions, feel free to ask them here and one of our students, or staff, will get back to you :smile:

Does student accommodation allow pets? I am an international student and will be looking for accommodation for myself and my partner. My partner will be working full time and I will have to figure out what's involved to allow him to stay with me in student accommodation. I have a senior cat who I will be bringing with me. I am also looking for accommodation privately but was hoping for student accommodation at least for the first year as I'm unfamiliar with the area, and searching for a place from across the pond is difficult.
Original post by Anonymous #6
Hi, I've currently got a shared room at Stag Hill and I wanted to know whether my roommate will be of the opposite gender. Doesn't this go against regulations to have opposite genders in the same room?

Hello!

Students are given the opportunity to choose preferences when applying for accommodation, including gender preferences. If maybe you didn't notice this feature, please contact the Accommodation Team here, so they can help you with your application details.

Hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc
Original post by rgsporthorses
Does student accommodation allow pets? I am an international student and will be looking for accommodation for myself and my partner. My partner will be working full time and I will have to figure out what's involved to allow him to stay with me in student accommodation. I have a senior cat who I will be bringing with me. I am also looking for accommodation privately but was hoping for student accommodation at least for the first year as I'm unfamiliar with the area, and searching for a place from across the pond is difficult.

Hi there!

Surrey only allows into student accommodation ADUK (Assistance Dogs UK) registered assistance dogs. You can find the answer and other related information on the FAQ page.

Regarding private accommodation, please don't be discouraged, as there's a variety of accommodations to choose from, dotted around Guildford, including private, purpose-built student accommodation. The University lists trusted letting agents here, which you can already start to contact and explore what is on offer.

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have more questions!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc
Hi my daughter will be going to GSA in September - is she likely to be offered accommodation on the Stag Hill campus as GSA is based there, or might she be offered Manor Park? Do they tend to place you near to where you're studying or is it just random?
Original post by EvrythngCrossed
Hi my daughter will be going to GSA in September - is she likely to be offered accommodation on the Stag Hill campus as GSA is based there, or might she be offered Manor Park? Do they tend to place you near to where you're studying or is it just random?

Hi @EvrythngCrossed

Congratulations on your daughter's offer to join the GSA this September!

In terms of accommodation, I understand that rooms are assigned randomly, taking into account your listed preferences. For example, I was initially placed in Manor Park during my first year, despite my studies being based at the Stag Hill Campus.

When applying, you can indicate your preference in the comments section. However, please note that we cannot guarantee your preferred accommodation.

If your daughter's accommodation is in Manor Park, there are multiple options to travel from Manor Park to Stag Hill. A bus service runs up to every 8 minutes on weekdays, and the walk takes roughly 15-20 minutes. We also have a segregated cycle path, taking around 8 minutes to cycle between campuses. Currently, there is a public consultation on rental e-bikes being introduced into Guildford with a heavy emphasis on the University. You can find more information here and here on Surrey County Council's website. Find out more about university transport here.

Alternatively, students will have the option to swap rooms with other students, however, this will have to be agreed upon by both students and an administration fee will apply. Here are some FAQs on accommodation. You can also email the accommodation team here: [email protected].

I hope that answers your question. Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best
Daniel
BSc Accounting and Finance
University of Surrey
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi @EvrythngCrossed
Congratulations on your daughter's offer to join the GSA this September!
In terms of accommodation, I understand that rooms are assigned randomly, taking into account your listed preferences. For example, I was initially placed in Manor Park during my first year, despite my studies being based at the Stag Hill Campus.
When applying, you can indicate your preference in the comments section. However, please note that we cannot guarantee your preferred accommodation.
If your daughter's accommodation is in Manor Park, there are multiple options to travel from Manor Park to Stag Hill. A bus service runs up to every 8 minutes on weekdays, and the walk takes roughly 15-20 minutes. We also have a segregated cycle path, taking around 8 minutes to cycle between campuses. Currently, there is a public consultation on rental e-bikes being introduced into Guildford with a heavy emphasis on the University. You can find more information here and here on Surrey County Council's website. Find out more about university transport here.
Alternatively, students will have the option to swap rooms with other students, however, this will have to be agreed upon by both students and an administration fee will apply. Here are some FAQs on accommodation. You can also email the accommodation team here: [email protected].
I hope that answers your question. Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.
All the best
Daniel
BSc Accounting and Finance
University of Surrey

Thanks Daniel that's super helpful 🙏
Hi again - can you tell me the difference between band C1 and C2 accommodation. Do they all have washbasins?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending